Part Eighteen

Tory POV:

"Have you tried her, Robby?" I ask impatiently.

"It sent. I guess she's ghosting us," He sighs.

"She's just going to leave me! After all that we've been through? She's just gonna leave me! Was she so upset with what I did at the school that she toyed with my emotions?" I snap.

"When I was hanging out with Sam. She talked about Y/N. Y/N's not like that!"

"And why should I believe anything Sam says?" I spit.

That strikes a moment of silence between us.

"You don't have to. But don't you think Y/N has her reasons?"

"I don't know," I sigh. 

"Class! Get started!" Sensei Silver starts us off.

"Y/N absent again?" Sensei Kreese asks.

I nod.

"Shame. Alright. Line up!"

...

Y/N POV:

I went to the LaRussos to ask for help with the situation. Sure, I have my mom, but she just got out of rehab. She doesn't understand the whole situation. She doesn't know I was sleeping on a dojo floor!

"Y/N. Come in," Mr LaRusso opens the door to me.

Sam looks at me, hurt. But she makes room on the couch for me to sit beside her.

"Why are you here?" He asks.

"I came... to apologize. I'm sorry," I say.

I shouldn't have done that to Sam, but I don't regret teaching her a lesson. I need her to talk to me about what happened that night. At the dance. I have to know.

"If that's all, you can go," Sam says, almost shoving me off the couch.

"Wait! I want to talk. To Sam. Please," I say.

"I'll be right back," Mr LaRusso leaves.

"What do you want?" She rolls her eyes.

"I fucked up. I'm sorry Sam," I say.

"Why? Why did you do what you did?"

"If I give you an explanation, will you answer a question I have?" I bargain.

"What's the question about?"

"Prom," I utter that one word.

"I don't want to talk about prom, but I want an explanation. So. Fine," She agrees.

"It began with me meeting Robby at the mall. He seemed nice. He was the first real friend I made here. But I felt like I couldn't tell you because you hate him," I pause. She nods at me to continue.

"I went to hang out with Robby when I saw Tory there. I had a panic attack, but surprisingly Tory knew what to do. They helped me. Tory apologized. I actually had a good time with the two of them, but I couldn't do too much with them. I had to..." I explain.

"keep it secret," Sam finishes what I was saying.

"I don't really know what happened after that. But I became friends with Tory and we kissed at the roller rink, agreeing to become more than friends."

"Is that it?"

"Yeah, that's it," I say.

"What do you want to know?"

"...did Robby and Tory kiss. At prom," I have to know.

"I don't know why it concerns you, but they danced together at prom. At the afterparty, they kicked our asses. Miguel and I fell into the pool, pissed off. But they fell in laughing. When they were dancing all night, they were flirting and their lips were insanely close. I'd assume they kissed at some point," She says.

I'd assume they kissed at some point.

I love Tory! And she cheated on me. She showed up to prom with Robby. And she kissed him. Probably. This is too much to handle.

"Why do you care? Why did you need me to answer that?" Sam asks.

A tear. Just one tear. But it slides down my face. Sam comes over and hugs me.

"Why are you... no... you weren't dating... were you?" She figures it out.

I nod.
I bury my face in her arms.

"Sam! Sam! Are you okay? I never should've let her in-" Mr LaRusso starts, but he looks shocked when he sees me crying.

"I have to go," I can't let anyone else see me broken.

I run out the door. I go for a drive. Clear my head. I don't know where to go, maybe the park?

I sit down on the park bench and look at the stars. That was the best night I've ever had. Just me and Tory. But now that's gone.

"Y/N."

...