Chapter II- Green Eyes, Lilac Wings, and Red Lightning

Sorry in advance for the huge amount of time skips, I was kinda stuck on what to write for this chapter.

After about a week of living at Hels's place he had put down some ground rules for Xae.

1. Xae had to be well trained in combat

2. Xae would report any new memories

3. If Xae disturbed Hels when he was having his alone time death would follow.

At the moment Xae was beating Hels in a dual. Apparently their past self had done a lot of combat because Hels had stated that he had won multiple dualing awards, and had the medals to prove it, it was miraculous that Xathan was winning. Xathan managed to knock Hels's sword out from his hand. Smiling Xae picked up the spare sword and pointed the two at the highly skilled knight.

"I win." The two simple words were met with grumbles from Hels as he stood up and gave Xae a glare, "Thanks for the congratulations." They said arcastically handing Hels his sword. Hels took the black netherite sword from his friend, putting it back in its sheath.

***

Xae sat on the couch, munching on some Oreos, Hels was out so they had the whole house to themselves. At the moment they were trying to remember. They so badly wanted to know who they were, did they have a family, what about friends? Or a pet? They set the Oreos down and closed their eyes, trying to focus on the blank slate their mind was. They could feel something as if it was just out of reach, they tried harder. They needed to find something. And then it came. Two glowing green eyes that sent shivers down Xathan's spine, a mask with a purple visor, lightning, lilac wings, and finally strange wither men. Xae opened their eyes, terrified. Who had they been before, some of the things led them to think they weren't that nice while other showed a soft side. He decided not to think about it to hard. He opened his eyes once again, he looked at the clock. It had been a whole hour, which was insane it had felt like only ten minutes.

***

Xae and Hels were figuring out what they should have for dinner when Xae changed the conversation.

"I remembered some stuff," They said. Hels looked up from what he was doing.

"What was it?" Typically Hels was tough, typically not showing to many emotions but when ever Xathan talked about their memories Xae noticed a whole different side to the knight.

"It was a bunch of flashing images, first a pair of green eyes that terrified me, then a different version of my helmet with a purple visor, reddish lightning, a pair of lilac wings, and a crowd  of wither men things," listed Xae,  when they had finished they looked up at Hels who was lost in thought. Xae sighed, they just wanted everything to make since. Hels  finally looked at Xae, seeing how distraught they were he hugged them. Xae froze, to sure on what they should do, how they should react. Eventully they hugged him back and the two stood there hugging.

"I may not know what the memories mean but I'm always here for you," he offered when the embrace finally ended. Xae smiled, not sure on what they should say. 

***

Xae was standing a pure black room, the only light source was two glowing green eyes.

"Show yourself!" They shouted nervously, backing up. The eyes came closer, taking a step forward every time Xae took a step back.

"You already know me," the voice was strange as if two people were talking at once, Xae recognized one of them, one of the voices was their's. Suddenly the room was lit up with red lightning, illuminating the figure, bathed in red light stood Xae, their eyes glowing acid green, the whites of their eyes pure black. Xae turned around and ran. It was no use the other version of them teleported in front of them.

"Leave me alone!" They shouted. The other version of them smiled.

"I can help you remember," they said. Xae froze, unsure on what they should do.

"How?"

"Simple, I am you, well, I'm you improved, I can show you how you used to be," they held out a hand, it burst into green flames, "Just take my hand." Xae stared at the flames. He reached out, about to shake their hand...

Xae awoke with a start, sitting up. Hels was standing next to them, looking scared.

"What- who-" said Xae, their face was wet as if they had cried in their sleep.

"You were, uh...crying so I woke you up," said Hels nervously fidgeting. Then Xathan noticed a burn mark on the wall.

"Since when has there been a burn mark there?" Hels looked from them to the mark and then back to Xae.

"You um.. when I was trying to wake you up a bolt of red lightning came from your, um... hand." Xae stared at their hand it looked perfectly normal. How had they shot lighting from it?

"There was lightning in my dream."

"Would you mind telling me about the dream?" Hels sat silently, intently listening as Xae described their dream, the only detail they left out was that they were about to take the strange version of themselves' offer. After maybe three minutes of silence once they finished their story, Hels turned around and walked away. Before exiting the room they turned around to look at Xae.

"You coming?"

"Coming where?"

"There's something I need to show you."

ᓭᒷᓵ∷ᒷℸ ̣ ᓭ ⚍リ⎓𝙹ꖎ↸ ᑑ⚍╎ᓵꖌꖎ||

And thats it. I don't really like what I did for this chapter but this was the best I could do. I was completely out of ideas. 952 words aka a short chapter, again. Song of the day- stronger by the score.