Chapter VI- ⍊╎ꖎꖎᔑ╎リ

"Xae, please, you need to stop this. I'm telling you, Jeff is a problem, stop talking to him," pleaded X. Xae glared at X.

"Just because your older by a few minutes doesn't mean your the boss of me. We're both adults and can make choices for ourselves," argued Xae, "Jeff isn't a problem and he sure is nicer than you!" X's face showed a mix of emotions, hurt, anger, sympathy and more.

"Please just re-think-"

"I don't care, you have your little server and what do I have? Nothing," spat Xae.

"If your saying you want to join you can-"

"No. I don't want you, I don't need you," shouted Xathan, "Just leave me alone X, stop trying to be the perfect brother because guess what, you not perfect. No one is and you need to get past that." X just stood there, not sure how to respond. And then Xae turned around and walked away. If they were the villain of their brother's story than so be it.

Xae awoke with a start, their memory had been more vivid than any other they had before. They stood up and walked over to the kitchen, ate a quick breakfast and headed to the Shadow Emporium. There was only two more days until the day the operation happened, and they couldn't wait. True had found some ancient scrolls in a library written in galactic detailing different military tactics. So they had decided it was there job to decipher them, and for the past three days had been getting up early to do just that. They entered the large building, it was eerily  silent.

"Anyone home?" They called jokingly. To their surprise they heard rustling and Badtimes' head popped up from under the table.

"Hi!" He called.

"What are you doing this early?" Asked Xathan.

"Panicking about the operation being in two days, what about you?" Xae walked over to the table and held up a scroll.

"Translating." Badtimes let out an 'oh' and stood up.

"Well, I'd better get going, see you later," he said waving Xae waved back and then the vex was gone. Xae sat down and started to work, muttering in both English and Galactic as they translated the scrolls.

***

Xae looked up from the scrolls after about three hours to see Hels walk in. The knight walked over and sat down next to Xae, he had a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Whatcha doin'," he said, it was obvious that he had just woken up.

"Translating," said Xae, careful that they spoke in English and not galactic. Taking a sip of coffee Hels looked over Xathan's shoulder at the piles of paper with translated Galactic. Xae continued to translate.

"How long have you been doing this?"

"About 3 hours-"

"Three hours! It's only 9:30!" Exclaimed Hels.

"four then."

"You need to get some sleep," said Hels, "Or drink more coffee, your looking pretty tired."

"Don't like it," Xae said.

"When did you learn that?"

"Remembered yesterday."

"And you didn't tell me?"

"It's a minor detail."

"I still deserve to know," there was hint of an emotion Xae didn't recognize, the finally looked up from translating.

"You do but...It's my life and I kinda like my privacy," Xae said, they had been in Hels for maybe a month now and they realized how much had happened in that time span. Xae went back to deciphering and Hels just sat there, drinking coffee extremely loud. After about ten minutes Xae glared at Hels.

"Can you stop?"

"Stop what?" He took another sip.

"Drinking the coffee so loud."

"It's not that loud," said Hels, "If anyone should get quiet its you. Your constantly muttering in both Galactic and English."

"Me? I'm trying to focus on something productive!"

"It doesn't seem that productive," argued Hels, staring at the mess of scrolls and paper.

"Just get out!" Exclaimed Xae, they pointed to the doors and a blast of red lightning came out, nearly hitting Npc who had just walked in. Taking one look at the fighting duo Npc turned around and walked away.

"Fine," spat Hels. He turned around and walked away, "Its not like I cared anyways."

"Good! I never cared either," and then Xae picked up Hels' abandoned coffee cup and flung it at a wall, coffee exploding all over the place but they didn't care.

***

Later that day Xae finally finished their translations and walked over to where True was, dumping the large stack of paper in front of her.

"Here," they meant to turn around and walk away but True stopped them.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep."

"Npc said you and Hels got into a fight earlier."

"Does it even matter?"

"Well what if we go into battle and you two are still fighting, we need to work together, not against each other." Xae thought about it for a second.

"I'll still help him, I just won't talk to him." And then they left the room ending the conversation and leaving True with the giant stack of papers.

∴ᒷ ᔑ∷ᒷ ᔑꖎꖎ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ⍊╎ꖎꖎᔑ╎リ 𝙹⎓ ᓭ𝙹ᒲᒷ𝙹リᒷ'ᓭ ᓭℸ ̣ 𝙹∷||

912*sobs* I wrote the first half in science class because we did like literally nothing so I took an opportunity to write and then the rest I wrote at 2 am  while listening to a 1 hour loop of dragon bros lol. Song of the day is Wander from the Stargazer soundtrack by Jono, again lol.