Chapter IX- Powerless

This chapter was brought to you by me having massive writers block.

All Xae could see was the strange...thing, the black thing with glowing green eyes and the scar.

"How do you feel, now that your powerless?" It asked.

"Power...less?"

"Before you lost your memory you were a force to be reckoned with and look at you now, knocked out from a simple sword wound," it laughed.

"Who are you?" Asked Xae.

"I'm Jeff, you can trust me," he held out his hand. Xae remembered the last time someone from a dream had done that had been the strange version of them...the one with glowing green eyes.

"I don't think I can," They backed away nervously.

"Oh, but you need to," the room burst into green flames, "Just take my hand."

***

"⍑ᒷꖎᓭ!" They shouted waking up, looking around wildly. In front of them was Xisuma and Joe, "Where, what-where am I?"

"Look, Xae. I'm your uh...brother Xisuma," said the doomguy awkwardly.

"You said that already," said Xae. The two just sat silently. Until Joe spoke up from where he was sitting.

"So...um, we're just as confused as you and, so let me introduce myself, I'm Joe Hills," Xae nodded. The three sat in silence for a while, Joe and Xisuma staring intently at Xathan while they just stared blankly at their lap.

"So...what was...what was I like before amnesia?" Joe glanced at Xisuma and the admin sucked in a breath.

"Uh...you were a...handful," offered the doomguy.

"I've been getting flash backs of then, they're disconnected, like one day I was a certain way and the next I wasn't," they chose to leave out their biggest question, why did Xae seem to be linked to mass destruction?

Xisuma sighed and started explaining. Apparently Xae and X had grown up in an end city, when they get older they chose to move to the overworld together. Over time Xae started doing their own things and so had Xisuma so they went on with their lives. Eventually Xae ran into Xisuma years later, when Hermitcraft was in its third season. Xae had joined, getting along just fine with the hermits until disaster struck. They met Jeff the minion, who tricked and manipulated them to turn against the hermits before finally possessing Xae. Xisuma had managed to save them after season 6, but Xae was still haunted by the dark being, after that the twins went their separate ways, they still stayed in contact, well before Xathan got amnesia and found theirself in Hels.

Xae just stared at Xisuma, they had a hard life back then.

"I saw Jeff in a dream," they offered. Xisuma looked nervously from Xae to Joe.

"What happened?"

"He just showed up, told me who he was and wanted me to take his hand," explained Xae.

"That doesn't sound good," Joe piped up. The poet studied Xae as he spoke.

"It isn't, when I saved you Xae, you described how you got possessed was Jeff holding his hand out to you and you had taken it."

***

Xae sat in their bed, reading a book X had given them. They looked up when they heard a commotion coming from outside the door.

"Let me see them or I'll kick the door down," growled the familiar voice of Hels.

"Xae is resting, it's only been a day since they woke up. Their not ready for visitors," said X. There was a scuffle as if the knight had tried to push X out of the way to open the door.

"Just let me see them!"

"Not now!"

"They'll be fine with me."

"And how do you know that?"

"Because at the moment your own sibling knows me better than you!" There was silence following that statement and the door opened. Hels walked in and behind him was Xisuma standing in the hallway, his helmet off and a look of shock and hurt on his face.

"Hey-" before Xae could finish Hels cut them off.

"You are an idiot, letting yourself get venerable in battle, and look where it's landed you, in bed with a sword wound!"

"Wow, thanks for the support," Xae replied sarcastically, "and it's not like I can control what happens, if you remember I was saving you."

"Still, if something happens on the battle field you don't let your guard down."

"That was days ago, get over it." Hels glared at Xae.

"Fine..."

"Now I heard your and X's Uh...argument-" Hels quickly glanced from Xae to Xisuma who was standing, still shell shocked from the words the knight had said.

"But what I said is true!" Xae fidgeted, they wanted to tell him off for being mean, but had no idea what to say, because it was true. Xae knew Hels more that someone they had apparently spent their whole life with, someone who up to a month ago had been the only person they would go to for help.

!¡𝙹ℸ ̣ ᒷリℸ ̣ ╎ᔑꖎ ⍑ᒷ 𝙹リᓵᒷ ᓭᔑ∴ ꖎ𝙹ᓭℸ ̣

800 words. Song is Fireflies by Owl City because that's one of my favorite songs.