Harry Styles Imagine (I Would've Never Expected This...)

“Sure, Harry! I’ll be over.” I hung up the phone. I was going over to Harry’s flat for a sleepover with the lads tonight! I was so excited. I hummed “Little Things” as I got everything ready to go. “Toothbrush… Stuffed animal… Should I bring a stuffed animal…? I’m such a baby.  AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah, I’m bringing a stuffed animal.” I stuffed my soft, plush kitten stuffed animal into my bag. Harry gave it to me as a gift on my 10th birthday. I don’t know why, but I always felt a sensation to keep it. I never really thought about it much.

~~~~

            I walked up to Harry’s door, hearing loud laughter inside. I thought I heard someone say, “Come on, Harry! Tell us!” Maybe I was wrong. Maybe.

            I knocked on the door and the laughter stopped. Harry opened up, giving me a big smile. “Hey, Eden! Come on in! We’re gonna watch a scary movie. Niall’s idea.” He laughed, and I walked in. All my friends were there. Louis, Eleanor, Zayn, Perrie, Niall, Michelle, Josh, Liam, and Danielle.

            “Hey, guys!” I greeted. I put my stuff down and got comfy on Harry’s gigantic couch. As the couples spread themselves out together, I found myself next to Harry, since we were the only single ones. I blushed a bit, wondering why I did. The movie started.

~~~~

            When we got to scary parts, I found myself burying my head in Harry’s shoulder as an instinct. It was awkward at first, since it was a first reaction. But later on, it just became kind of a routine. For some reason… I kind of… enjoyed it. I never really thought of Harry a lot as more than a friend. So I really didn’t pay attention to it. Until after we went to bed…

~~~~

            “Guys, I’m tired,” Liam said after our fifth movie that night. Danielle had already nodded herself off to sleep on Liam’s shoulder.

            I looked around, seeing Niall asleep in Michelle’s lap, Zayn snoring off with Perrie, and Louis and Eleanor staring at us a bit woozily. “Alright, then. To bed!” Harry said, getting up from the couch. I watched as Michelle dragged Niall upstairs and Louis and Eleanor walk upstairs. Harry woke Zayn up, making him carry Perrie upstairs. I got upstairs and brushed my teeth. It was late, but I wasn’t tired.

~~~~

           I got comfy in my sleeping bag, which was in Harry’s room. All the other couples had their own room. Again, since Harry and I were the only single ones… yeah.

            “Goodnight, Harry,” I said, still wide awake.

            “Night, Eden,” Harry responded.

            It felt like an hour passed by, and I still wasn’t asleep. I looked at the time. 4 AM. I sighed, getting up. I was freezing, so I dragged my covers downstairs with me to the warm fireplace. I sat down on the carpet, shivering. It was dark, and I was scared. After all, I just watched five horror movies. I all of a sudden wished Harry was here with me. I shuddered. Then, all of a sudden, I heard footsteps. I buried myself in my blankets, horrified. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I was about to scream, until I saw the face. It was Harry. I let out a sigh of relief. “Harry! You scared the living daylights out of me!” I turned away shyly.

            “I’m sorry, Eden. I was just awake, and I noticed you walked out the door.” He sat down next to me on the carpet. “Are you okay?”

            I shivered. “Just… cold.”

            “Well… maybe… here.” Harry took his covers and draped them over both of us. I looked up at him suddenly. He looked me straight in the eyes. And after those few seconds, we both knew that we had thought of each other more than friends. After all these years, I finally admitted to myself that I loved my best friend, Harry Styles. “I… I need to tell you something, Eden.”

            I blinked, lowering my eyes. “Yeah, Harry?”

            Harry lifted my chin up, and pressed his lips upon mine. I was in shock for a second, but then I closed my eyes. After about 20 seconds or so, he pulled away. “I’ve always loved you, Eden.”

            I closed my eyes again, wrapping my arms around him. Harry put his arm around my shoulders. “I’ve always loved you too, Harry,” I replied, falling asleep on his shoulder, warm and happy. ♥