Harry Styles Imagine (I Need to Tell You Something...)

I sat awkwardly in the dining room, eating supper with One Direction. I cleared my throat, everyone looking at me. “Uhh, so how are you guys?” I asked.

                “Fine,” everyone mumbled.

                I returned to my plate, not wanting to eat. All of a sudden, I felt someone kick me. I looked across the table at Harry. “Sorry,” he apologized, blushing.

                I didn’t respond and brought my plate to the kitchen. I heard laughing and chattering when I left. I sighed. “Why did I even come to eat with them?” I asked myself quietly. “Obviously, none of them really like me.” I rolled my eyes and walked to the kitchen door, standing by the wall next to the door frame. I listened to what they were talking about.

                “Come on, tell us!” I heard Louis say.

                “No, not now… It’s a secret,” I heard Harry reply.

                “Harry! You can trust us!” Liam said.

                “No… Okay fine.” Harry mumbled something I couldn’t hear.

                “OH, HARRY! TELL H—!” Louis’ voice was suddenly muffled.

                “Shut up, Louis! Don’t talk so loud!” Harry hushed.

                “But she l--!” Louis’ voice was muffled again.

                “Just STOP TALKING, LOUIS.”

                I heard laughter and Zayn replied, “You gonna tell her?”

                “You think she’ll be surprised…?” Harry asked quietly.

                “Probably not...,” Niall responded.

                I walked quietly back into the dining room. Everyone was staring at me. I eyed them all. “What? What is it?”

                “Nothing,” Louis replied. “But Curly here needs to tell you something after supper.”

                I looked at Harry, who looked at Louis with a death glare. “Just tell me now!” I said cheerfully.

                Harry shook his head. “Not now. When we’re… alone.” Harry kept his head down awkwardly.

                “Oooohhh,” the rest of the boys said, laughing.

                “Uhm, okay…,” I replied awkwardly.

~~~~

                I stepped out onto the balcony. “What is it, Harry?”

                Harry took a few small steps onto the balcony, his hair flowing in the night breeze. The door shut and locked behind him and he turned around and glared through the window. The boys flashed a thumbs-up sign and closed the curtains, leaving us in total privacy. My heart raced a bit. He turned back to me shyly, walking towards me a bit faster. “I need to tell you something…”

                I backed up against the balcony railing. “Uhh, Harry? I’m crazily scared right now…”

               “Maybe that’s a good thing…” He put his hands on the railing, each hand on either side of me, and leaned forward, next to my ear. He whispered, “I think… I’m in love with you.”

                I looked at Harry Styles in shock. I opened my mouth to say something, but then he kissed me. It was shocking for a few seconds, but then I reached my hands up and touched his back. We stood there for about 20 seconds and he pulled away, hugging me. “I’m in love with you too… Harry.”

                I could feel Harry smiling, his chin on my shoulder. He looked at me in the eyes and kissed me again. “Be mine, (Y/N)?”

                “Only if you’ll be mine, Harry.” ♥