Harry Styles Imagine (I Thought You Forgot...)

It was my birthday today, but Harry hadn’t called me once. Of course he was busy and on tour with the boys, but he could at least answer my texts! Everyone on Twitter had tweeted me saying “Happy birthday, (Y/N)!” and all the other boys had texted me too. Louis had even called me, but was it really that difficult for my own boyfriend to call? I sighed, feeling so disappointed and confused. “Maybe I’m just overreacting,” I told myself. I went onto Twitter and looked to see if I had missed any of his tweets. But I didn’t. He didn’t tweet me. The day slowly passed as I heard nothing from him still. I kind of just sat at the park’s bench along. People walked by me, some saying happy birthday. I wanted to cry, but I didn’t. I felt the need to call Harry, so I did. I dialed his number, but then I was asked to leave a voicemail. I hung up, hurt and disappointed. Just then, my home phone rang. I picked it up and looked at the number. It was my best friend. She asked me if I wanted to have dinner with her. Odd, I thought. Very odd. “Sure,” I answered. What else could be worse than today?

                I got to the restaurant, all dressed and polished, looking as perfect as I could. At least I could make myself feel better. I sat for about ten minutes, but she didn’t come. Tears filled up my eyes as I started to cry. I felt absolutely TERRIBLE. I didn’t know what to do or what to think. Everyone had left me on my birthday. The waiter walked over to me, smiled, and said, “Miss, please don’t cry. I’m sure your friend will be here soon. He left a message.” The waiter put a note in front of me and walked off.

                “He…?” I mumbled, watching the waiter walk off. I looked down at the note and unfolded it. “Babe,” I read out loud. “I’m sorry I couldn’t be here today or call you. Paul took away my phone because I wouldn’t stop calling you. But you never picked up. I’m so sorry, but after you’ve read this note… walk to the balcony.” I picked up my iPhone and looked at the settings. It was on “Do Not Disturb.” I cursed myself. “No wonder you didn’t get any calls!” I looked around the full restaurant and got up. I walked to the balcony and pushed the wooden door open.

                “SURPRISE!” I heard people scream. I looked to see who it was. All my friends were there. Danielle, Eleanor, Perrie, the boys, even Josh! “Happy birthday!” they all said.

                I smiled. “You guys remembered!”

                “We wouldn’t miss it for the world!” Eleanor said, hugging me. I hugged back.

                Harry walked over to me and took my hand. We all went to have dinner together. After dinner, everyone went downstairs to take pictures. Harry and I stayed. I looked at him across the balcony. “I’m so sorry… My phone was on “Do Not Disturb.” It’s all my fault…”

                Harry smiled at me and pulled me closer. “It’s alright.” He kissed my forehead and said, “As long as I got to see my girl on her special day. I love you, babe.”

                “I love you too,” I replied before he kissed me. ♥