Be Alright

Ship: Kyle x Chrono
Genre: angst
Song: Be Alright by Dean Lewis
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look up from the ground to see your sad and teary eyes you look away from me
And I see there's something you're trying to hide

Chrono was sitting on a bench at the park with Kyle and he looked up from the ground to see Kyle crying. Chrono knew there was something wrong but he didn't bring it up. He didn't want to upset his lover more than he was.

And I reach for your hand but it's cold, you pull away again
And I wonder what's on your mind

Chrono reached for Kyle's hand to comfort him but he just pulled his hand away. Chrono wanted to know what was wrong.. but he didn't know if he should ask him or not.. but he did.. "Kyle.. baby what's wrong?" Said Chrono. 

And then you say to me you made a dumb mistake
You start to tremble and your voice begins to break

Kyle took a deep breath and replies, "I'm sorry ch-chrono.. I'm m-made a dumb m-mistake.." Chrono places a hand on his thigh and rubbed it lightly but Kyle pushed it off gently. "Kyle what do you mean?"

You say the cigarettes on the counter weren't your friend's they were my mate's
And I feel the color draining from my face

"You know those c-cigarettes on the counter yesterday?.." Kyle asked chrono. "Uh yeah why?" Chrono replied. "They weren't m-mine.. they were Anthony's.." Kyle said looking down.. Chrono sighed and leaned back on the bench and grabbed his phone and texted Austin the whole situation.

And my friend said
I know you love her, but it's over, mate
It doesn't matter, put the phone away
It's never easy to walk away, let her go
It'll be alright

Austin replied "put your phone up and walk away. I know it is hard but it will be alright I promise!" Chrono texted him back,"but I don't think I should just leave him like this.." Austin texted,"I know but it's best to give him time alone.."

So I still look back at all the messages you'd sent
And I know it wasn't right, but it was fucking with my head

A few weeks after this event. Chrono took Austin's advice and gave Kyle time but Kyle never texted him back when chrono texted him. Chrono looked through messages they sent before. It was awful. It wasn't right but it still made him feel fucked in the head.

And everything deleted like the past, yeah, it was gone
And when I touched your face, I could tell you're moving on

Once Kyle broke up with Chrono, Chrono felt like everything was deleted. He felt that all the memories were just a myth and a dream. He could also tell that Kyle was moving on when he touched his cheek, staring deeply into his eyes, a week before the event happened.

But it's not the fact that you kissed him yesterday
It's the feeling of betrayal, that I just can't seem to shake

Chrono saw Kyle kiss Anthony only a few days after their breakup. He doesn't care about the kiss.. he just feels betrayed. His own friend stole the love of his life. He tries to get over it and leave it but he just can't.. He just can't shake the thought of Kyle out of his head..

And everything I know tells me that I should walk away
But I just wanna stay

Everything and everyone Chrono knows tells him he should walk away and move on.. they tell him that he would find someone else but all he wanted was Kyle. He wanted to stay and wait for Kyle to return to his arms..

And my friend said
I know you love her, but it's over, mate
It doesn't matter, put the phone away
It's never easy to walk away, let her go
It'll be okay

Chrono was with Ghoostie, Austin, Rilla, Cartoonz, Bryce, and Rocky. Ghoostie could tell Chrono was hurting.. Chrono was on his phone looking at old pictures of him and Kyle when they were happy.
"Chrono.. I know you still love him but you have to look past it and move on.." ghoostie said sitting next to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I can't ghoostie.. I don't think I can.." Chrono replied. "It's never easy to move on chrono.. just put the phone up.. he's moved in and it's your turn to move on too.." ghoostie replied..

It's gonna hurt for a bit of time
So bottoms up, let's forget tonight
You'll find another and you'll be just fine
Let her go

"Chrono I know it's gonna hurt for a while.. but get up and let's all go get a drink from the bar!" Toonz said offering a hand to him to help him stand up. Chrono took his hand and stood up. Rocky walked over and pulled him into a hug. "Chrono it's time to start looking for someone else.. it will help get your mind off him.." Rocky said as Chrono nodded.

But nothing heals the past like time
And they can't steal
The love you're born to find
But nothing heals the past like time
And they can't steal
The love you're born to find

Chrono pretends that he has moved on but nothing heals when you loose the best thing that's in your past time. He knows that he should try to move on but it's not that easy to walk away from someone you thought was your true love. He knows no one would be able to steal the love he was born to find. "I guess he wasn't the one then.." Chrono told himself as he followed the others to the bar to get some drinks..