Prison..(long oneshot)

Ship: Squirrel x Chrono
Genre: angst and a bit of fluff
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*outside of the bar*

Chrono's Pov:

I can't believe it.. I can't believe I accidentally killed Rose.. oh no.. I killed her in front of ghoostie, Bryce, and Rilla.. this is bad.. what do I do?!!!

"CHRONO WHAT THE FUCK?!" Bryce yelled at me.

"WHY DID YOU KILL ROSE?!" Rilla yelled at me as well.

"WHY DID YOU KILL MY GIRLFRIEND CHRONO?!!" Ghoostie yelled.

I didn't reply and stared at Rose's dead body in shock that I actually did that. I was just trying to show them the new gun I bought for shooting targets and I pulled the trigger thinking safety was on but it wasn't.. so it hit Rose since it was facing her.. "I-I.." I tried to explain but then everything went black.

Next thing I know I was in a jail cell with all of my friends on the other side.. even my lover.. squirrel..

"Good morning murderer" I heard Ghoostie say. "Hey guys.." I said and looked down at my lap since I was sitting on the floor with my back against the back wall facing the cell bars.

"Now tell me.. what made you think it was okay to shoot Rose in front of us?" Rilla asked. "I didn't mean to okay!" I yelled looking up at them. I felt tears forming in my eyes. I looked at squirrel and he was quietly sobbing while Kyle comforted him.

"What do you mean you didn't mean to?" Bryce asked. "I-I thought I had it o-on safety and I d-didn't know it was l-loaded! The g-gun was for s-shooting targets! Not s-shooting p-people!" I stuttered while tears fell down my face.

"That's a horrible excuse Chrono! You killed my girlfriend and you will pay for it!" Ghoostie yelled while grabbing the bars like he wanted to break through and beat the shit out of me. Toonz grabbed ghoostie and pulled him back.

"W-well what gonna h-happen to m-me?" I asked accepting my fate. "You remember when Anthony killed dizzy and what we did to him?" Rocky said. "Y-yea.." I replied.

"Well that's happening to you!" Ghoostie yelled at me. I sighed and looked at the ground and brought my knees to my chest.

I heard people walking away after a few minutes and then I heard a door shut. I few seconds later an officer opened the cell door and I heard someone walking towards me.

I felt them sit next to me and I felt arms wrapped around me. I recognized the smell and it was squirrel. I leaned against him and sobbed. He held me close and rubbed my back as comfort.

Squirrels Pov:

I was holding Chrono close to me while he sobbed and cried. I knew he didn't mean to kill Rose. I know him. He would never kill anyone. Not even Rose or Anthony. I don't get why the others don't believe him.

"I-I'm so sorry squirrel.." I heard him say. I pulled away enough for him to look up at me. "Why are you sorry?" I asked.. "well I killed Rose and now I'm going to prison.." he said and sighed.

"I know you didn't mean to kill her Chrono. I know you'd never kill anyone. I tried to convince them not to do this to you but they didn't listen." I said.

I put a hand on his cheek and rubbed it lightly. I admired him and enjoyed this moment we have together since we probably won't have this for the next 30 years..

I felt a pair of lips press against mine so I kissed back. We started gently making out until we heard footsteps so we pulled away. I hugged him tightly and he hugged me back.