31

taehyung didn't know why his tongue was paralyzed after hearing jungkook's statement. isn't this what he wanted? to put the baby into an orphanage for adoption so what's stopping him now?

he suddenly felt his throat all dried up, so gulping down some saliva he spoke, "i don't know...."

he clenched his fist as he tried to calm his clamouring heart.

jungkook stared at him making him even more nervous, the man looked stupefied so he continued, "i think... i .. want to make this decision after i get better, s-so that i won't have any regrets."

he completed his statement, looking at the other anticipating his reply. the businessman was quiet for a moment before he finally spoke.

"but you have to promise me you won't hurt him then." his voice was calm but still it felt like it pierced through the brunet's ears.

he frowned hearing that, "you know i won't."

"yes, and that includes you not neglecting him."

taehyung looked away as guilt washed over him, "i'm sorry." he mumbled and the dark haired male cupped his face, caressing his cheeks.

"i know it's hard baby, but i really appreciate that you're willing to try. so don't worry too much, okay?" taehyung nodded, a small smile playing on his lips smile.

and after that taehyung indeed tried even if his tries were going all vain most of the times.

_

taehyung was in his room watching a movie on his laptop. the baby was fed earlier a bottle by the maid. he still couldn't keep him near to himself. so it was impossible for him to take care of him or feed him.

he watched as they played with the baby. he had his arms crossed as he watched the interaction. a phone call interrupted his thoughts. he got up and went towards the balcony to take the call.

it was from one of his university friends. his mood was great after catching up with her. he entered his room with a big smile on his face which soon faltered when he noticed his husband all smiley and happy, busy playing the baby.

jungkook noticed him and flashed him a charming smile, the brunet couldn't help but smile back at him.

"when did you come?" he questioned walking closer to the other.

"just now. how was your day?" the businessman asked rocking the baby who seemed to be enjoying it.

"boring. i missed you." the brunet murmured sitting next to him on the soft rug. jungkook chuckled, turning his head to place a kiss on his cheek.

"i missed you too darling."  he replied in a soft voice.

"then give me some attention." taehyung muttered as he motioned the maid to take the baby and he pulled jungkook up, dragging him towards the balcony.

"tae?"

"let's enjoy the weather." the brunet announced, clutching his arm and placing his head on the others' shoulder. jungkook didn't protest as he stared at the male's face, taking in his beautiful features.

"right, i forgot to tell you before that, today we need to finalise the baby's name. it's already quite late" the man suddenly spoke and taehyung sighed raising his head and turning his face towards the other.

"i don't know, why don't you name it.." he whispered quietly.

"tae, shouldn't you be the one-" jungkook started but the other cut him off.

"no.. does that matter if the baby's mom name him or his dad?" jungkook stared at the other, stunned with how taehyung worded his sentence. there wasn't any hate, loathing or any negative emotion– it was casual and normal. and it might be the very first time after baby's birth that the brunet called them baby's parents without breaking down.