Chapter 6: Cocktails

Nia POV

I have no idea why it suddenly turned into this...

I knew the place we lived in had a crazy weather but I didn't know it would be to this extent. It was just sunny earlier and now, the whole area is filled with thunderstorms and flood through the road.

We had to stop my driving lessons and with the weather's condition, there's no way we can go back to the area we live in.

Raffaello and I simply had no choice but to check out in a small inn.

I looked my face once again at the mirror, devoid of any make-up. Just with cleansing and moisturising daily with serum, I am proud to say that my skin does not have much imperfections in it. In fact, I get praised quite often for how clear it is.

However, since it is night time, I noticed that my cheeks turn naturally red. It wasn't like this when I was in the Philippines, but it became a normal thing ever since I started living in this country.

I am wearing clothes given by the inn because I didn't have any spare clothes in my bag except for my uniform.

To think that we've already done the deed many, many, times... I am still nervous to think about the current situation: Raffaello and I are alone in an inn with only one bed.

I took a couple of more deep breaths before finally having the courage to go out.

I saw Raffaello dressed in the same shirt and jammies as mine, making me quite embarrassed. The white top in pink letters stating 'I love Ballarat' completely contradicts with his manly aura.

He was still drying his hair with a small towel as he darted a simple gaze at me.

"Hey, Raffaello... Let's not do it today. I have morning shift tomorrow. I'll be too tired if we do it." I said in a small voice.

Immediately, Raffaello released a hearty chuckle. It revealed his faint dimples, which I actually liked seeing.

But at the same time, I am fairly annoyed. The more time I spend with Raffaello, the more I feel like he actually takes pleasure teasing and making fun of me. Is he that abnormal?

"Why'd you think we'd do something right away, hmm? I didn't even say anything." Raffaello remarked with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes at him. Isn't sex the basis of our relationship anyway? Of course I'd assume he'd want to do it, given his immense libido as well. I swear, this idiot!

"Don't worry, we won't do anything today. You know I'll never do anything you don't want." he added, saying it this time in a gentle voice.

Somehow, that reassured me quite a bit. And he is right, anyway. Even though we have only known each other for a couple of weeks now, or maybe even a few months already, I figured that he was a guy who values woman's consent.

It's good that he has decent manners, at the very least.

"Thanks." I said simply, ignoring him as I went to the other side of the bed to start combing my wet hair.

Suddenly, a knock on the door interrupted the short silence in the room.

"I'll go get it, don't worry." Raffaello murmured as he got up from the bed.

Once he opened the door, it revealed a staff working for the small inn.

"Hi, Sir! We were just wondering if you and the lady with you would want to have some complementary cocktails from our inn. It's our own recipe that we have served guests for the past fifty years."