Chapter 20: Vows

Raffaello POV

I could feel my hands sweating. My heart wouldn't stop racing since the start of this day.

I wasn't even able to see Nia yesterday. There was a myth that her family and friends wanted to follow where we were not allowed to see each other before the wedding.

Damn it. But I can't stand a day without seeing Nia.

After all, once I have completed all my rehabilitation therapy that the hospital required me to do, I decided to propose to Nia and hold our wedding the next following month.

For me, it is no rush. After we talked about everything that has happened for the past four years, it seems too long, even. We wasted so much time misunderstanding each other and not trusting each other enough.

Timing just wasn't right.

But now that it is, why would I waste any more time? I wanted her to be my wife immediately. I need her in my life forever.

I bit my lips, still nervous. I can't wait for the ceremony to be over and have a solo time with my soon-to-be wife.

I can't help myself for getting extra excited because throughout my recovery period, Nia was very stern in not engaging in any physical activities. Why'd she have to be such a strict nurse, huh?

So really... later tonight... would be our first night together after four years of not being together.

I'm in severe drought, damn it.

"Haha! You have to relax, Raf. Don't tense." my friend and best man, Luke Grosvenor, said to me.

"Damn it bro, I just can't wait for this to be over. I want to take her home right away."

Luke laughed again, clearly knowing the circumstances that Nia and I had fought just to be together.

After that brief talk with Luke, I composed myself again and made myself focus on the big door at the end of the altar.

Later on, the door finally opened and revealed my beautiful bride in a strapless, long-sleeved white gown.

It was like I saw an angel walking towards me, much like my first impression when I first met her on the dive bar.

Her black hair was put into a bun and there was a crown on top of it connecting the veil, which made her pretty face even more immaculate.

Wow... that's all I could say. I cannot believe I am marrying the girl of my dreams.

My eyes never left her as she walked through and my mouth was slightly opened, too stunned at her beauty.

Before reaching me, she hugged her bridesmaid first, along with hugging her parents who she recently reconciled with. I know how much pain she had before and I'm proud of her for at least trying to have a relationship with them. I'm proud of how much my baby has grown.

After that, Nia finally reached me...

I laid out my hand for her to take.

"Let's finish this quickly, shall we? I wanna take you home now." I whispered to her.

Nia giggled, making her almond eyes even smaller.

"I can't wait to go home too, Raf." she replied sweetly.

Following that, we both faced to the altar as the ceremony began.

Today and for the rest of our lives, we will never be separated. The vow we will make today is the sweetest transaction I could ever have with her.