CHAPTER 39

A few days had passed and the day of the departure came. Elin was done preparing her necessary things with the help of her maids. The crown prince was already waiting outside and the princess said her goodbyes before setting out.

“We allowed you to go there but it doesn’t mean you have to be too reckless. You also need to be careful, okay?”, Nera kissed her daughter’s forehead.

“You just came back but now you’re leaving us again”, the Queen hugged her tight as if she doesn’t intend to let go.

“I promise, ma. I’ll be back before you know it”, Elin hugged her back.

“My Lady, everyone is ready to go”, Nero informed her.

“Edric. Nero. Leo”, Callahan called them out one by one.

“You all have to protect my daughter, okay? If I find out that someone tried to hurt even a single strand of her hair, all of you will be responsible. Dare to run away and I’ll chase you till the depths of hell”, The King released an ominous pressure towards them.

“Pops, it’s okay. You said you believed in me, was that a lie?”, Elin held her father’s arm.

“I believe in you, muffin. I just can’t help myself but worry”, Callahan patted Elin’s head.

“Pops, I assure you that I will be fine since you’re the one who trained me since I was young. You are the strongest person I had ever seen in my life”, Elin praised her father.

“Ah! Yes, you are absolutely right!”, Callahan smiled haughtily as her little muffin praised him.

“Off you go now, before your father changes his mind”, Nera stood beside her husband. The princess nodded in agreement and went near Nero.

“Do not worry about us here. Just focus on doing what you want. We can handle any aftermath. If you massacred alot, call for us so we could clean it up immediately, okay?”, Lucian waved her sister goodbye.

“If someone bullies you, call our names immediately!”, Fynn gave her sister one last hug.

“If I call you, will you actually come, brother?”, Elin just laughed it out.

“Of course! Because we plant---”, Before Fynn could actually finish his sentence, Ailana covered his mouth again with magic to prevent him from saying any further.

“Plant?”, Elin was a bit confused about what her brother said.

“Oh! Don’t mind her Elin. He’s saying such rubbish things again. Be careful out there, okay?”, Ailana diverted their conversation.

“I’m off then”, Elin waved them goodbye and went off to Fraus Kingdom.

Nero opened a portal connecting to the Kingdom. However, Edric hesitated to enter at first since he doesn’t know what was infront of him. But since Elin didn’t think twice, he just followed her. As soon as he opened his eyes, what he saw was a familiar scene. They arrived in the Fraus Kingdom in the blink of an eye.

‘What a terrifying power! With the use of this portal, he can transport the whole army in an instant without using alot of resources. I wouldn’t be surprised if uncle decided to invade the neighboring country and easily achieved it within a day especially that their physical prowess are much more stronger compared to the others’, the crown prince thought as he became vigilant of Nero.

“You have...

quite a unique power. Would revealing this to an outsider put you at a disadvantage?”, Edric asked Nero.

“Why?”, Nero asked him instead.

“I mean --- If I was your enemy, knowing your capabilities would benefit me”

“What can you do? Do you even have the capabilities to erase the darkness? To suppress me?”, Nero stared at the crown prince for a few minutes waiting for his answer. His eyes was malevolent as he stared deep within the crown prince's soul. For someone who did not even exude mana pressure, his eyes are enough for you to tremble.

He knew that no one can completely erase the darkness. No matter how much they light the world, there will always be darkness.

‘Are you looking down on me?’, Edric thought to himself but did not dare to speak out as he was Elin’s butler. He could not afford to mess up everything just because of a small taunt. He gritted his teeth to calm himself down.

Nero sounded arrogant but his confidence was understandable. If people knew about his abilities and try to counter it, it would be a futile effort. Revealing himself means that he didn’t even consider the other party as a threat.

“I was just making sure that you will not drag us down. Considering that your power will always be in the shadow. Try not to show off too much especially when Elin is around”, Edric smirked and brushed Nero off.

“But of course! I ALWAYS prioritize the safety of MY Lady”, Nero shrugged his shoulder.

What. Are. You. Trying. To. Imply?”, Edric glared at him while slightly oozing his bloodlust.

“Well, Unlike someone she knows who prioritizes other things and left her alone to fend off. I guess I'm implying nothing”, Nero smiled sarcastically.

“Oh! And be careful with that bloodlust of yours. People might know where we are right now. We still need to prepare for the grand entrance. Make sure you don’t drag us down, oh Crown Prince of Fraus!”, Nero brushed him off and left him standing in the middle of the alley way.

“We need to find an inn to stay for awhile before we actually enter the palace”, Elin told them. Nero went ahead to find a place to stay for awhile.

“Since the party will be in a few days, you can go back to the castle but never tell anyone our plan. Okay, Edric?”

“I don’t plan on revealing anything. Furthermore, I don’t think I can come here after I enter the palace. My brother would be eyeing on me once I come back home. But I’ll make sure to send your dress. It will be a matching clothes to mine. We’ll make this more realistic than intended, don’t you agree?”, Edric kissed Elin’s hand.

Certainly! I look forward to it. I hope they're all present. I. Really. Just. Can't. Wait. How amusing!”, Elin gave an evil smile.

The Crown prince arrived at the castle where Rand was already waiting at the entrance. He looked more worried as Edric approached him.

“What’s the status?”, Edric went immediately to his office where he doubled his barrier to prevent anyone from eavesdropping.

“The announcement of your brother’s engagement will be in 5 days. His people have been busy preparing for the event. As you said before, their movement seems to suggest that they’re busy with the party on the outside, but their having alot of queer movements on the inside”, his aide reported to him.

“They have been careless lately or are they looking down on us?”, Edric was irritated from his speculation.

P.S
Hello my beautiful beautiful readers!
☆ ~('▽^人)
I'm sorry for leavin u hangin like that.
(*_ _)人
I have been busy with work and I didn't have time to write. I hope I can continue updating like this.
Are you still there, my supportive readers?(ಥ﹏ಥ)