CHAPTER 6

Documents kept piling on the table and was covering a man too busy to even bat an eye. The accumulation of work was so abundant, it reached to a point of dreariness.

Prince Ansel was busy with paperworks while His Majesty The King and the Crown Prince was away on a business trip. He was tasked to fulfill the role as the head while they’re away.

The King and Crown Prince went to the Kingdom of Caris to maintain their friendly relation but it was also a way for them to keep the other party in check. Today was the day of their return and both did not expect a startling news when they arrive soon

“Come in”, Ansel commanded as he heard a knock on the door.

“Your Highness, are you perhaps too busy?”, Ansel stopped writing, raised his head and saw Lilith half peeking at the door.

“No, it’s okay. You can come in”, Ansel stood up and transferred to the couch. Lilith went inside and sat next to him.

“Your Highness--”

“Stop calling me that. It's about time you call me Ansel, don’t you think? Besides, you’re going to be my fiancee soon. I still need to write a formal proposal to your house”, Ansel interrupted her.

Lilith shyly smiled at Ansel’s declaration. She was waiting for him to mention about the proposal. Hearing it now makes her even more euphoric.

“Have you heard about the fire, Ansel?” Lilith asked slowly.

“You mean the fire at the dungeon where Elin was imprisoned?”, Ansel queried.

“I, uhhh, was the one who set the dungeon on fire”, Lilith awkwardly smiled at the prince.

Ansel was flabbergasted by Lilith’s statement. He knew that Lilith was a little bit overbearing but he didn’t expect that she was the culprit of the incident. He patted Lilith’s head and sighed.

“Why did you have to do that?”, Ansel waited for Lilith’s reason of her recent action.

“Well, I just wanted to make sure she’s gone for good. Besides, that glum was going to die anyway”, Lilith answered haughtily. 

Ansel was now thinking of dismissing further investigation of the occurrence at the dungeon. Anything that will connect Lilith to the event will surely delay his proposal. He can’t afford to postpone much longer.

“Don’t worry. I’ll make sure such incident will not be connected to you in any way possible”, he said reassuringly.

“Now, go home and take a rest. I will send the proposal to your house promptly”, Ansel smiled like a prince charming.

His beauty was indeed captivating that anyone who sees him are swooned immediately just by him looking at that person. His blond hair was like a sunflower petal, soft and smooth and scarlet eyes that pierce through your very soul. His smile had a charm that easily melts your heart. His physique had enough muscles that when touched, you can feel the well-toned body.

Lilith grinned at the sight of him. She was overwhelmingly happy with the occasion. Now that Elin is gone, she can have everything for herself. Lilith kissed Ansel’s cheek and said goodbye.

“Lilith, you’re going to make sure that your parents support me, right?”, he asked Lilith one last time.

Lady Lilith of Vesta is the most precious daughter of one of the four Great Dukes of the Kingdom of Fraus. House Vesta has both prestige and power equal to House Vand. They have been rivals since time immemorial.

On one hand, House Vand was known for their elite water mages within the family. On the other hand, House Vesta has fire mages. Their affinity to such elements give off different atmosphere. Thus, both being in the same room will result to an unpleasant sensation.

“But of course, Ansel. I will make sure our loyalty will all be yours. They can’t say no to their precious daughter, can’t they?”, Lilith chuckled and left the prince alone.

Ansel contemplated his plan when a knock was heard after Lilith departed. The prince went back to his desk and let the person in.

“Greetings, Your Highness”, his aide entered the room.

“Regarding the fire at the dungeon, we have---”, his aide reported when Ansel stopped him.

“Dismiss any additional investigation regarding the event. That women was convicted anyway. There is no need to use the castle’s manpower. We won’t gain anything from it. Just go and make sure all servants are prepared to welcome my father and brother. They will arrive sooner or later”, Ansel returned to his paperworks as his aide affirmed and took a bow before leaving the room.

He stopped for a moment and stared outside. Ansel’s eyes darkened and his expression turned malevolent.

“Soon

Everything

Everything. Will. Be. MINE”, Ansel smiled heinously.