CHAPTER 15

Elin has been monitoring both the Duke and Prince Ansel after their meeting. She has been collecting information about the dealings and would sometimes eavesdrop whenever the Prince goes out of the Palace.

Things would have been quite easy for Elin to know the exact plan of Ansel if she could just hear his plan through Nero's ability. But because the royal's room has a barrier that could nullify any type of magic, her plan became difficult.

She agreed to become his fiance only to monitor his every move. Elin did her best on acting her part as someone who was head-over-heels to the prince. She made sure that she was a woman who would do everything for the Prince. A woman who will not think twice to do things when the Prince ask her to do it.

Elin kept this farce until she broke free from their grasp. She did it to start her goal of destroying all of their plans.

She was currently tracking a deal made by the Duke as ordered by Prince Ansel. A transaction was made and her plan was to ambush the wagon.

"They have already entered the forest", Nero reported.

"Let's get down to business", she said enthusiastically as Elin went into the portal Nero made.

The dense forest was colder than usual and light passed through the space between the leaves that shyly distance themselves from each other.

Elin and Nero arrived at the top of a large tree near the location where the wagon was already halfway through the forest. She concealed her mana and took advantage of the darkness to leap from tree to tree.

"Nero, is there any beast nearby?", Elin whispered while tracking the group.

"There is. Five meters to their right", Nero immediately casted a portal near the beast and Elin jumped unto it.

As Elin arrived, a beast that looked like a deer but as large as a house with antlers that rose up to the sky was walking around. Its black fur shine ominously and eyes glowed searching for blood. As it saw Elin at its side, the beast suddenly lunged forward with antlers ready to pierce through anyone.

 As it saw Elin at its side, the beast suddenly lunged forward with antlers ready to pierce through anyone

Elin ran towards the direction where the group was walking as fast as she could but as quiet as possible. As she was a few distance away from the group, Nero immediately made a portal underneath Elin to transport her safely back to the tree where they hid before but the beast still continued.

The mercenaries sensed the beast as it kept on running towards them. The mage casted a barrier to parry its attack and the other three mercenaries attacked the beast.

While they were busy attacking the monster, Nero casted a portal beneath the scout and transported her to where they were. The scout couldn't react to it as she was not able to sense the magic beneath her. As she appeared infront of her, Elin punched the scout straightway without any second thought.

The scout fainted and Elin took her clothes and all the things she was carrying. She carefully stabbed her neck with a small knife directly piercing her vessels. Bright red blood started to gush out of her neck slowly taking away her life. Her face began to lose some color and her breathing stopped as her heart ceased to beat.

Elin immediately used the drop earring. Her face suddenly changed to what seems to be a copy of the dead scout. She immediately changed her clothes and took the scout's possession with her.

While no one was looking, Nero once again casted the portal to where the scout disappeared. Elin replaced the scout without anyone noticing.  As the mercenaries vanquished the beast, one of the mercernary angrily walked towards Elin.

"What do you think you're doing, you stupid midget?", a man with alot of scar in his forearms shouted at the scout.

"I was stunned by how fast the beast was. It appeared before I could even say something", Elin replied while bearing in mind the personality the scout had and how she spoke towards those people.

Before Elin laid out her plan on ambushing, she constantly observed the group that took the quest of guarding the wagon. She watched the group carefully without them noticing her presence.

"What the heck is wrong with you?! You almost gotten us all killed. This forest is no joke. So, STOP daydreaming and focus! It is YOUR job to warn us beforehand", the other man, who seemed to be the leader, said angrily.

"See! I told you! We should have accepted someone else, not this incompetent bitch! My mana will be drained before we could even survive this forest", the female mage blurted out.

"Alright! Alright! FINE! It's my fault. Happy?!", Elin said while pouting as they continued their journey towards the center of the forest.

"A beast is approaching 6 meters to our left", Elin notified them as Nero whispered the exact location the beast was running as he finished provoking it and led such monstrosity towards them.

As the creature was near them, the mage casted light magic to stun the beast but it just slowed down. While the the two melee types that were infront of Elin were busy attacking it, Nero immediately took ahold of the third man's shadow that stood at the back to immobilize him before he could attack the fiend. Elin stopped abruptly, took a step back and suddenly faced the paralyzed man that was standing behind the mage who was busy supporting the front.  Elin punched his trachea to prevent him from making any sound. Nero transported the man as far away as possible from the group to finish the job.

Elin casted a bubble filled with water covering the mage's mouth and nose. As the mage was about to dispel it, Elin twisted her neck with brute force until it snapped. The mage was now on the ground lifeless. The men noticed what she did to their fellow member but were too busy evading the attack that were thrown at them by the savage beast. While they were preoccupied, Nero went back to get the coachman. He bound the man and placed him inside the wagon.

As the beast was about to attack, Elin brought forth some water on the man's legs and froze it. The man was crushed as the monster pounced on him to the ground as he could no longer move.

She immediately went up the tree and hid herself out of plain sight. Elin waited for the beast to deal with the last mercenary.

 Elin waited for the beast to deal with the last mercenary