CHAPTER 10

A freezing wind blew the tears that kissed the pale skin of a young lady. As Elin could no longer fall back to sleep after having such a dream, she got up and started moving.

Elin began her usual everyday routine from eating her meal to cleaning the place.

"So, what's your plan today?", Nero asked while helping Elin remove the clutter.

"Can you help me find the Delphic Witch, Nero? She resides within this forest", Elin implied as she was about to finish the last chore.

She quickly changed her clothes into something that helps her move easily. Elin donned a cloak for her face to be unseen and to protect her from the wretched cold.

"Why do we need to go there? Do you need something? I can get it for you", Nero suggested trying to stop Elin from going out.

"I need a detailed map of the Kingdom of Caris. I might also find something useful while going to the witch's lair", Elin responded.

"A map? We can just go to Caris using the portal. We can even go anywhere. I can search the whole area immediately. Why do you need the help of a witch? You know they ask for an equivalent exchange. They might even ask for your life!", Nero looked ansty as Elin continued to pack some things.

"Nero", Elin stopped and looked at the agitated fairy.

"I need to do this for the sake of my plan. I have to take note every area that might be the source of the trades. They have been changing too much. We can only intervene once the product goes out but it doesn't change anything unless we uproot the source of everything. There's got to be a pattern. This would have been easier if the trader wasn't cautious. It has been years since we've searched for the mastermind. I also need to decrease my interactions with other people. We still don't know if there are people like Leo exist on the other side. You had a hard time locating him. I'm not complaining or anything. I also am not saying that we can't defeat them but I just want us to be more careful. I want to avoid unnecessary skirmish and injury. Besides, I don't want you to protect me always. Don't get me wrong. I am sincerely happy that you kept me safe but I want to grow, Nero. I want to become stronger than ever. I can't rely on Nero forever. I don't want to exploit you just because you allowed me to", Elin stared at Nero's eyes to convince him. He looked down and finally nodded.

"Thank you, Nero. Now let's go and make a deal with the devil's advocate", she smiled sheepishly.

As they strode across the shadow portal, they arrived in the area of the forest beyond the border, a part of the domain of the Kingdom of Caris.

Elin knocked, opened the door and looked inside furtively. What she saw was a man exploring through the shelf and a woman sitting behind the desk.

"You again?!", the man blurted out with a galling expression as he directed his attention to her.

"Do I know you perchance?", Elin raised her eyebrow as she was irritated by how rude the man was.

The woman behind the desk suddenly stood up as she stared at Elin. Both the man and Elin were surprised by her sudden movement. The woman's golden eyes began to glow ever so brightly and her hair floated as she stared into space.

 The woman's golden eyes began to glow ever so brightly and her hair floated as she stared into space

The air shivered in fear as the nature compressed all its force within one room. Elin and the man took ahold of one of the shelf near them as the gravity started pulling them down.

It took a few more minutes before her golden eyes dimmed down. She stared at Elin one last time and smiled from ear to ear.

"It's been awhile since I saw a future", the woman mumbles as she left her desk and approached her. She gazed at Elin's eyes as if searching for answers.

"Ummm, Are you perhaps the Delphic Witch?", Elin asked.

The woman's eyes started fluttering and her expression seem bewildered. The man behind Elin began to laugh loudly as he heard her question.

"You got that right. She is the WITCH", the man said mockingly while giggling..

"Shut it, Leo", the woman warned him.

Elin looked at the man with a perplexed look. She stared at the man who was laughing awhile ago.

"Leo?" Elin stared at the man different from the person he met before.

"You're that Hellion, aren't you? You look different. Again.", Elin gazed at the earring in his ear. She thought of the Hellion she just met but now with a different face.

"If only someone didn't destroy my earring", Leo said sarcastically.

"Well, if only someone didn't attack me", Elin answered back while pointing at him.

"You know, it's rude to point at someone", Leo brushed her off

"The only ONE who is rude in this room is YOU", Elin responded.

"The only ONE who deserves my respect is DEFINITELY not YOU", Leo bickered.

"The ONE whom I'm going to listen to is HER", Elin shifted her gaze at the woman infront of her.

"The ONE whom she will accommodate is ME", Leo interrupted. Elin clicked her tongue as she furrowed her brows.

Both stared at each other with flaring eyes, neither one backing out.

Pfft...

The woman started giggling at the sight of them arguing. She can't believe that an Easton and a Hellion was having a normal conversation. Well, argument that is.

"Sorry. I just can't believe this is happening. I'm Aurora, by the way. Yes I'm the one you seek. However, I'm not a witch.

I'm an ORACLE", she corrected.