CHAPTER 17

Growling can be heard at a distance as beasts lurk around the corner. The wind softly whispered in their ears as if trying to warn them of the incoming danger. But the two just stood still staring at each other not budging one bit.

“Hear me out! I was tracking down THIS wagon.  I didn’t arrive early ‘cuz, well, it was presumably a secret operation. So, here I was finally approaching it but BAM! A crazy lady was crippling the coachman and gouging his eye out. Can anyone believe such a thing? So basically, what I’m trying to say is YOU definitely DESTROYED my plan”, Leo sighed while making had gestures to Elin as he waited for her to respond.

“Before I answer your query, How did you know my name? I introduced myself to you as ‘El’ and NOT ‘Elin’”, her brows furrowed as she began to take her stance.

“Did Aurora tell you? NO. She told me she will never provide any information to the others. That’s why I entrusted my name to her. So, how?”, Elin took a step backward. She thought of escaping if Leo decided to kill her once she finds out the truth about him.

She can’t trust anyone after Elin kept on eavesdropping to other people. She already knew the secret behind their facade. They smile at you so warmly but the truth is, once you leave, they look at you with contempt and spread ridiculous gossip so that your image will be destroyed. It was a survival of the fittest. A society were the strong preys on the weak. That’s why, the only one she can trust was Nero.

Leo knew Elin’s name. He knew because after he left the cottage when he finally met the person who was using his temporary hideout and had a little skirmish with that woman, Nero appeared infront of him as soon as he finished cleaning the shattered window.

“You?!”, Leo was startled as Nero moved closer to him. He was able to track him down after searching his shadow arduously.

“Don’t you dare show your face infront of Elin ever again”, Nero threatened him.

“So her name is ‘Elin’? You gave out an interesting information there, buddy”, Leo smirked at him.

“You have no rights to utter her name!”, Nero’s eyes seemed to darken as he heard Leo stated her precious name.

“What are you going to do about it, huh?”, Leo took a step forward. Both were now staring daggers at each other

“I could have turned you into minced meat awhile ago. You should be thankful Elin was there”, Nero warned him.

“Are you perhaps angry because I’m her FATED person?”, Leo mocked him even further.

Suddenly, birds started flying away as they sensed an eminent menace. Nero gritted his teeth. His eyes turned pitch black like an abyss ready to engulf everything that stands in its way. Gravity seemed to pull Leo down as Nero’s mana dangerously exude. He could no longer suppress his bloodlust. He grabbed Leo’s neck tightly before Leo could even react to such movement.

YOU. ARE. NOT. HER. FATED. ONE!!!!”, Nero said every single word clearly. He wanted to drill it unto Leo’s head.

Leo realized at that moment that Nero was hiding his true strength. He was terrifyingly oozing malicious aura. An aura resembling a sealed monster trying to break free from its chains. Leo knew he could defend himself but putting his life on the line was unnecessary.

“Alright! Take it easy!”, Leo raised his hands as a sign of him surrendering. Nero stared for a moment until he finally let him go.

“So you were the one who has been hiding in her shadow.You even tripped me! Good thing I’m good at regaining my balance. Why are you with that woman anyway? To think that I encountered you here of all places”, Leo rubbed his sore neck.

“None of your business!”, Nero glared at him even more.

“Did you change your master?”, Leo smirked while waiting for Nero’s response. He couldn’t help but be awfully curious about his past.

“You really do have a death wish. But I’m in no mood to eliminate an insignificant insect”, Nero went back into his shadow and vanished completely.

“Ouch! Wow. I’m just an insect to him”, Leo chuckled while leaving the place still rubbing his neck.

Nero went and pierced supposedly Elin’s dead body. He went back immediately after finishing his job. Instead of the cottage where Elin was residing, he arrived at an astonishing garden full of Lilac roses that seemed to shimmer as the rays of the sun shined upon them. He went inside the patio and stopped as he saw the man sitting in the middle enjoying the view.

“You took quite a long time to come back, Nero”, the man leisurely sipped his cup of tea not surprised by such a sudden visit as if Nero appearing unexpectedly was a common thing.

“I beg your forgiveness, my Lord”, Nero bowed to the man.

The man had a midnight blue hair and a ducktail beard with a few crease in his face implying that he was no longer a young man. The color of his eyes were cyan glowing beautifully. It was both calming and dangerously alluring. His body was emitting a force that screamed both strength and power.

“Where is she?”, the man asked directly.

“Lady Elin is currently in the Forest of Rever. She recently escaped the dungeon and is now recuperating”, Nero reported.

“Is that so?”, the man put his teacup down and glanced away. His eyes seemed to be longing for something. He faced Nero after a few minutes.

“You need to report to me every now and then. Now, go back and make sure you pay attention to her every move and decision”, the man said with a serious face.

“As you wish, my Lord!”, Nero bowed as he immediately went back to the shadow and returned to Elin.

“Elin”, the man mumbled as he continued to stare at the blooming flowers.