CHAPTER 40

The man was busy tapping his finger in the wooden table. He was too baffled with the enemies movement. They were not that perfect of a villains but carelessness was not their forte.

“Anyone under Ansel that has been acting suspicious lately?”

“Actually, everyone was strange but I focused on those people closest to the prince especially his aide. He was gone for only a day. We tried to follow him but was unable to”, Rand reported.

“Why were you unable to?”

“The moment we were about to follow him, he was gone in an instant. I don’t know how he vanished in an instant”

“Remind me again why I only have a few people under my wing?”, the crown prince sighed as he scratched his head.

“To prevent unwanted people from betraying you?”, his aide answered without second thought.

“Ri~~~~ght!”, Edric rolled his eyes. He rested his cheeks on his hands as he began to contemplate as he looked at the window.

“Am I overestimating them? Am I TOO cautious? Are they stupid and careless? Or am I the one who’s missing something?”, the crown prince was busy watching a raven bullying a blue jay. Moments later, the other blue jays arrived and started chasing the predator.

“Mobbing”, Edric kept looking at the birds. The predator was dominated by the small ones.

“It’s that time of the month, I guess?”, the prince muttered as he kept on staring into space. But then he realized something.

“It’s that time of the month!”, Edric stood up immediately startling Rand in return.

“It’s the what time of what month?”, his aide was getting confused with what the crown prince said.

‘Someone’s having her period? Do we need to buy food or painreliever for her? Or What?’, Rand kept on thinking so hard for what Edric meant.

“Yes! It’s that time of the month. You know that a small bird cannot actually defeat those predator, but when they experience surge of hormones and became territorial, they band together to swoop and dash at flying predators in an effort to drive away from their territory?”, Edric tried to explain what he just saw outside.

“And? What are you trying to imply?”, Rand continued the bird story but couldn’t understand where this conversation was going.

“I’m not sure why you became my aide”, Edric shook his head while smirking mockingly.

“Wow! Did I ever told you how rude you are? Like always?”, Rand was slightly pissed at his friend.

“Sorry! Sorry! It’s just so funny seeing you questioning your existence”, Edric chuckled at the sight of his displeased friend.

“I am definitely not questioning my existence!”, Rand was getting more annoyed.

“Yes! Yes! You did not. You are my most trusted friend and I love you so much”, Edric kept on giggling as he put his arms around his aide’s shoulder.

“Just shut up and tell my what you mean?”, Rand was trying to remove His majesty’s hand.

“The part when I said I love you?”, Edric kept on teasing his friend.

“Now I’m questioning why I even follow you right now”, Rand slapped his forehead out of regret.

“Okay, okay. You see those blue jays?”, Edric pointed outside the window.