Cold Hands, Warm Heart - Montgomery Gator

(Asked on tumblr)
5tr4wb3rryc4k3 asked:
HII! if your requests are still open I was curious if you could do lil head cannons for Roxy, Monty, and moondrop with a feminine (or gender neutral of you're more comfortable with that!) s/o who's hands are always cold but their(the s/o) love language is physical touch? ofcofc if you don't have time//don't write for those characters I understand completely, no worries! :)

TW: none
adult, gender-neutral reader!
1449 words
18/1/22: 1139 likes on tumblr

- holding hands with your animatronic lover is always fun, though their hands being cold can be a little disadvantage to that. screw it, you love them too much to let go. ♡

Monty still remembers the first time he held your hands like it was yesterday. Technically, it was a few weeks ago, but he's too caught up with love to care.

He currently holds your hands in his, watching your face slowly for any reactions. He watched as your eyes squeezed shut for a brief second, he felt the shudder that ran through you, down to your fingers. Your heartbeat had elevated, not to a worrying extent, but rather, a heartbeat pattern he knew by heart. He had memorised it upon picking up that your heart only beat like this when he was around. He was the reason for your flustered state.

And as your gator animatronic boyfriend, it made him prouder than anything; prouder than when he joined the Glamrocks. It made his non-existent mechanical heart swell, knowing that you were genuine in the affection you felt for him.

"You okay?" He asks softly, rubbing his thumb on the back of your palm. His thumb was comically large compared to yours, but it was something that you would never change. Comparing hand sizes with Monty was the first physical interaction you had with him. Unknowingly to you, that interaction alone was enough to rope the gator in, he wanted to know anything and everything about you from then. He never knew that it was your touch he was missing; your soft laugh from that interaction made him realise that he was in interested in you.

You giggled and blew a stray hair away from your forehead. "Your hands are a little colder than normal because they're made of metal. But that's okay! Just a little surprising."

Oh, right. It was the first time the Pizzaplex has witnessed winter. All of the animatronics were mesmerised by it, gazing at it longingly from the exit of the building. Monty was delighted when he saw snowflakes littering your hair, down to the pair of jeans you always wore. He had tried to pick one up as gingerly as he could, not wanting to break it, only to frown when the snowflake had soon melted away.

Monty chuckled, moving forward to press a kiss to your forehead. Well, a kiss to the best of his ability, it was more of how a pet would nuzzle a human. Your giggles rose in volume upon more physical contact with him, "You're cold all over, Mon! Metal is a good conductor of heat," You said, your mechanical knowledge whirring around in your brain as you attempted to explain it to him.

Monty roared with laughter, his voicebox crackling and wheezing. "If I can get you cold enough, I could freeze you and keep you in this position forever." He says cheekily, meeting your eyes with a grin.

You raise an eyebrow, "What would you even do with me frozen?" His grin grows wider as physically possible, his arms snaking around your waist to pull you into an Impossible Hug; it was impossible for you to get out of. "So I can cuddle with you for all eternity!"

You relaxed against him, feeling the cool metal against your body. Albeit colder than what you were used to, Monty's personality practically melted the coldness away. You loved being able to touch him, to hold him. Luckily for you, Monty's love language was physical touch as well, be it cuddling, kissing, or holding hands. That last one was both of your favourites, it was enough to know the other was there without being too eye-catching for visitors at the Pizzaplex.

Your soft snores soon filled up the atmosphere, making Monty chuckle. It had been a tiring night. You were busy fixing up the other Glamrocks while Monty trailed after you, watching as discreetly as he could so that you would not be distracted. He knew you would not be able to get your job done had he been next to you, you would be busy conversing with him, your task quickly forgotten.

As you snoozed on your robo-boyfriend, Monty took it upon himself to connect to the internet to search for something. Something to combat the cold he was unable to control.

"Hey, honey." You yawned as you entered his green room the next night. You had just finished fixing Sun's faceplate, the poor thing was unable to spin due to a piece of metal that had gotten stuck. Sun had said the metal must have come from one of the play structures he accidentally ran into, in an attempt to entertain the group of toddlers he had for the day. Poor guy, he was trying his best.

Monty looked up from his couch, quickly hiding whatever he was holding behind his back. "H-hey, babe. You're back early.." He had stuttered and trailed off in one sentence. That was weird. You knew if he had done either, he was hiding something. But to do both in one go? Something was definitely up.

You hummed, a teasing grin on your face as you walked slowly towards him. You leaned forward, right into his face, "What 'cha hiding, gator?" The closer you got, the more Monty pushed himself and sunk into the couch, to the point where your nose and his snout was touching.

Monty's eyes shifted away from yours, visibly uncomfortable. "N-nothing.." He says softly. You followed where his arms led to, down to his hands that was hidden behind his back.

"You're a bad liar, honey.." You said, pressing a kiss onto his snout. Monty relaxed, leaning into your touch. That was it! The opportunity!

As you kissed him, your hand trailed down to where his hands were. You came into contact with something.. soft? You grabbed at it, effectively stealing it from Monty's hands. You expected to find a plushie, just like all of Monty's previous gifts, only to see a pair of gloves. Knitted gloves.

"What's this?" You asked, pulling back from him. You were perched on his lap, as you usually were, inspecting the accessory.

Monty chuckled awkwardly, "You mentioned that I was cold yesterday. While you slept, I tried learning how to knit a pair of gloves for you to wear. So that you wouldn't feel cold while we touched.." As he explained, his large hands pulled each glove over your hand. They were the same shade of green he was in, along with black accents at your fingertips, to symbolise his claws. The gloves fit comfortably, albeit a little big for your hands.

Your heart had warmed up from being in the presence of your boyfriend, but this gesture had set it on fire. You wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight hug. It was not as tight as his Impossible Hug, but it was the best you could manage.

"You're too sweet, honey. Thank you!" You exclaimed. He truly was too sweet, he was always showering you in constant affection, from holding hands to now this. Monty lets out a content grumble, resting his chin on your shoulder. "Anything for you, babe."

The rest of the night, you lounged in Monty's room as he told you about how he learnt how to knit. Turns out, Youtube tutorials were too confusing for him. In a last attempt effort, he had turned to Moondrop for help. You had no idea why the nighttime animatronic knew how to knit, but you supposed it was so that he could make blankets for the children to use during nap-time. You had seen the blankets, a calming navy blue shade with small suns and moons in an alternating pattern.

As it also turns out, Monty was really good at picking up handicrafts. A secret talent, of sorts. He was amazing at painting when given a big enough paintbrush for his hands. Likewise, he easily picked up knitting after learning the basics from Moon and made your pair of gloves within a few hours, during his break time.

"Freddy even called me a grandma!" He whined at the end of his story, deflating against you. You laughed and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "You may be a grandma, but you're the sweetest, cutest, and most loving grandma gator ever," You teased. He huffed and blew into your neck, your ticklish spot, causing your laughs to become louder.

The next night, Monty gave you a new pair of gloves. They were long fingerless gloves, running up to your shoulders. Yet again, they were the same green as he is. You had supposed he had accidentally made it too long or miscalculated the proportions, only to read what he had stitched onto the sleeves of the gloves, using his signature purple.

MONTY LOVES YOU