𝖔.

╭── ೋ ──╮

╰── ೋ ──╯

╰── ೋ ──╯

Sirius Orion Black despised everything in The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black. His family was one of the largest, oldest, and wealthiest pure-blooded wizarding families in Great Britain, not that he cared, and one of the Sacred Twenty-Eight. Like the Malfoy and Lestrange families, the House of Black was synonymous with elevated status and wealth. That he decided not to carry.

He had never wanted to just be. He wanted to live a life where he could do nothing but get everything.

But we all know that's not possible.

He had to try. So he did.

Sirius loved rules. Truly he did. They told him what boundaries need breaking next. Say the boy can't walk on the grass, he'll break out a picnic and start dancing between trees. Say he can't hop on a train and ride to Chicago, the kid will see you at the Navy Pier. Say he can't kiss another girl, he'll do you one better and kiss five. You can't make a rule the kid won't shatter. It was all part of him. It was his code. Fight or flight? Both. 

It was so he wasn't sucked into the torture that is being a Black. He didn't want to marry his cousin, despise people just because of their heritage, he didn't want to torture people because they weren't like him. He wanted to marry a person he truly loved, he wanted to meet people from all around the world, he wanted to speak to people that weren't like him and learn every detail of other worlds and different countries, he wanted to change the world and make it better for those who were like him.

He wanted a difference. 

Yet, every good thing the boy had ever learned was on the other side of a curious wandering. Curiosity is how we learn. It is how we grow into our passions and find our way into our adult role in society. If one is not first curious, the learning has nothing firm to anchor to. Instead of killing the cat the curiosity built him and created his perspectival vision and built the buildings and society that surrounded him. Whether curiosity killed him or not, it first built him and everything he stood for.

Then as he knowingly ponders the real thoughts of the world he - quite literally - bumps into the girl who is happily plotting the end of the patriarchy, toxic masculinity, the stopping of sexuality discrimination and - most wonderfully  - the end of discrimination to those of other magical society class. Now of course at the time he didn't know this he just thought she was another rule abiding ravenclaw prefect when really she was the girl with a burning fire inside of her to change peoples views on the world, the blue shinning soulfire that fed her brain.

Cameron Opal Mathew's was a girl with opinions. She was an intersectional feminist that had a burning fire inside of her that curled a wonderful orange that continued to be drowned out by other peoples thoughts, but she was awfully good at swimming. She inspired the words she needed to use for the wonderous flame inside her that would paint the town a shining multi-coloured, enrichening shine and rid the world with their old black and white views.

She had the appearance of soulfire sparking against the ice. Her eyes spoke of a beautiful soul and her movements told of a need for nurture, but then perhaps that's how we all are. Confidence is a form of beauty when you walk tall, when you role model to others how to do the same. For to have the strength to become a guardian of others needs a well functioning soul and Cam wore that beauty like a shining smile that would only ever grace her face in the most flamboyant of situations.

Tell me your plan of how to make this world a better place and I will tell you all the ways in which you are beautiful. That's what he would utter to her and that's how she would continue to let her beauty shine.

He had never been more curious.

And she would never shine brighter.

♫♫♫