𝖎𝖎. the great wall.

╭── ೋ ──╮

╰── ೋ ──╯

╰── ೋ ──╯

Stretching his arms desperately over his head James tried to force the tightening knots in his back to loosen themselves and slip into nothing. Once he found the light through his blurring eyes James's hand reached over hoping to find the familiar frame of his glasses. Slowly, the circular black frames meet his eyes as his head whipped over to his brother's bed wanting to see if he got back safely after a night of running and pranking.

Sirius was stretched dramatically like an elastic band over his sheets, his boxers hung loose perfectly matching the shade of his hair ringlets that framed his head like a clouding storm above his head. ( *cough * hot as fuck *cough * ) A sigh split through James's lips as he ran a hand through his mess of curly locks. 

His eyes flickered to what he like to call 'the great wall of maraudering' that was a wall of their dorm covered completely in slips of paper, it started slowly when Remus wanted to remind Sirius to do his potions homework but he had to walk James to detention seeing as he couldn't walk himself - courtesy of Lily Evans's wonderful hexing of the arrogant toe-rag - it slowly grew and became a place to leave reminders. At the end of third year James took a risk and put up a picture of the three of them from the day they left in first year. This photo was soon joined by many others and recently Sirius had recently started putting up truly gut wrenching poetry and Remus and James wrote him some not so harsh feedback.

In the middle of the board were four large neon pink post-it's that read in Sirius's familiar and scrawny handwriting that had now covered the middle of their board with a daunting pink square that read;

ⁱⁿᵗᵉʳˢᵉᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿᵃˡ ᶠᵉᵐⁱⁿⁱˢᵐ
ᵗᵒˣⁱᶜ ᵐᵃˢᶜᵘˡⁱⁿⁱᵗʸ
ᵖᵃᵗʳⁱᵃʳᶜʰʸ
ⁱᵐᵖᵃᶜᵗ ᵒᶠ ʰᵒᵐᵒᵖʰᵒᵇⁱᵃ

The same words that had been ringing around in that boy's head ever since the ravenclaw prefect had made fun of his intelligence. He knew he wasn't the smartest when it came to some subjects but he liked to think that knew more than most about the muggle world's issues that also effected the wizarding world. He'd heard of the patriarchy, feminism on its own and toxic masculinity he just didn't know what they were for sure and the other two he was completely clueless too. As James's eyes watched the words that stood out from the blinding pink.

"Rem did you know Sirius payed attention to this kind of stuff?" James asked climbing out of his bed and grabbing his uniform. "No I know he was aware of muggle stuff but I had no idea he wanted to research I mean, that's what the post-it's mean obviously," the other boy said tracing his finger over the now practically invisible scar that scouted over his nose knowing it would be re-embellished in three nights time.

The boy's got themselves dressed and stood around Sirius's bed both sighing at the small drool that had dried by his mouth. ( i drool in my sleep ngl ) Going over to the calendar in the corner of 'the great wall of maraudering' James ran his finger along the dates stopping reluctantly on the ninth. He banged his head against the calendar and motioned for Remus to leave the room.