𝖎𝖛. you do count.

╭── ೋ ──╮

╰── ೋ ──╯

╰── ೋ ──╯

Creeping slowly under James's cloak Sirius was headed towards the kitchen with an unfamiliar swarm of butterflies decorating his insides. He reached the oh so familiar swirl of burgundy colours with the teasing pale green pear blending into the background gracefully. His nimble fingers reached forwards and tickled the pear happily electing a small giggle from the pale green fruit and the rusted frame of the painting swung open expectantly. Stepping through the blank space he allowed the butterflies to swarm his mind as he saw the familiar rustle of brown hair.

She turned back grey meeting blue in a wonderful sea-like swarm of happiness. "Didn't expect you to show Black," she said with a gentle smile as she drew a few books out of her bag a small piece of paper falling with it.

Sirius's eyes widened at the familiar paper and a flush of pink elicited up to his cheeks as he watched the girls nimble fingers reach out for the paper. "Of course I was going to show Cameron I would never leave you alone especially not in the haunted halls of this school," he said proudly puffing out his chest.

"Y'know the ghosts talk right, and at least half of them are decently friendly?" She said raising an eyebrow and rubbing the paper happily between her fingers before opening it. Her fingertips ran over the crumpled page taking in the tender words Sirius had written earlier;

Hey Cam,

I found a book in the library that told me all about what different species of half breed's have to go through thanks to wizarding prejudice, my parents have contributed to this prejudice and I know it first handily. I want to learn more about what m̶y̶ f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶ someone who has one of these life changing conditions might have to go through later. I really wan to know the reality of these struggles and I feel like you're the only person I could ask. It's up too you if you want to teach me - just remember our deal.

Have a truly wonderous day,
Sirius - your favourite star ;) ★

"You really want to learn about this stuff don't you," she said softly her fingers reaching over to rest on his own scarred and rugged hands, her mind swimming with the thoughts that had clouded her earlier about how he could've been messing with her. The butterflies in her stomach practically burst into flames the now ablaze wings clogging his throat causing his next sentence to come out in a stuttered blush.

"I- Oh- Um- You see I - " His stutters were drowned (like reg-) with her watery giggles that seemed to bubble through the air popping the fiery awkwardness Sirius's butterflies had brewed.

Her light-hearted nature warmed his heart.

"Yeah a lot of it is stuff my parents strongly disagreed with and - despite what people think - I really do want to be a better person than my family, I want to learn about muggle lives and real world issues, I want to help," he said softly letting black curls fall slowly in front of his face. Cameron's heart beat wildly against her ribcage, a stampede of elephants charging rapidly through her.