𝖛𝖎𝖎. ripples of moonlight.

╭── ೋ ──╮

╰── ೋ ──╯

╰── ೋ ──╯

Having missed Cam's freak out the night before, Sirius had no idea what to do when Jamie came to him telling him that Cam had gone on a running spree and now they couldn't find her. His breath was quick and restless and he ran through the corridors, open wound on his back left unattended too as the full moon was over only hours before.

He rushed out the door wind pushing through his hair as he stumbled around the Black Lake looking desperately for the brown haired girl.

A sigh of relief ran through him.

There she was.

Hair in the breeze and eyes glistening with wonder.

A book resting in her lap.

Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus - another book on feminism - lay open in her lap as her eyes scanned graciously over the page, her brain swallowing the story whole as the characters moved and played around in her mind.

As her eyes continued to flutter across the page she spotted out of the corner of her eye a scruffy black dog trotting across the spiked grass towards her.

"Hey there darling," she murmured holding her hand out to the dog, neatly pressing her bookmark into the fold of the page.

Padfoot ( sirius ) trotted forwards proudly moving straight into her personal space and plonking his head down into her lap. Her fingers moved softly behind his ears as the dog let out a happy whine of enjoyment.

For a split second Sirius wondered what it would be like if he got to the point where she would run her hands through his hair with his - human - head in her lap.

Her hands quickly found the untreated wound that lay on his back as she examined his face with a pout. He tilted his head to the side to match her expression as she carefully parted his fur where the fresh gash lay.

"Now what on earth has happened to you scruffy boy," she mumbled drawing her hands through the perfect black fur that covered Padfoot.

Her nimble fingers worked magic as she healed the cut in mere minutes whereas he knows if he'd relied on James like usual he would've been stuck lying on his stomach for a good hour.

A loud beep erupted from the girls pocket she she sprang to her feet, grabbing the alarm clock that she'd shrunk to help her keep the time more easily, without loosing her style with a watch of course.

"I'm ever so sorry sweetheart but I have to go, and if you're ever hurt again bark loudly and whine until I'm here okay," Cameron shouted over as she sped off towards the school, the sight of her hair flying behind her as she ran towards the school, smile still on her face. 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

After having transformed back Sirius was rushing through the corridors towards the hospital wing, wound freshly healed and smile now brightening his face after such an awful night.