Jail

Your P.o.V

"We were on that big mountain, and I went to go hang out with this girl in this mining cage. All of a sudden, it started shaking, like an earthquake. And there were lights, and then I looked down in this giant hole. Inside of it, right in the middle of it, was either a person or a reptile-" Trevor explains what happened yesterday while I nod at what he says. Podcast looks off in the distance, clearly not paying attention. "Are you even paying attention?"

"Yeah. I'm just excited we're in jail." That makes one of us. Dirt boy continues.

"I thought I heard something say, 'Gozer'."

"He's right, I saw it and heard it too." We look at each other and back to his sister and her friend. A voice comes from behind us, making me jump.

"They speak the truth. I was there." Trevor stands up to talk to her through the bars. Shit, I forgot he likes Lucky, not that I care about who he likes obviously.

"Hey. Hi. How-? What brings you here?" I sit back against the wall, watching them. Trevor smiles at her, and my stomach drops. Ok I think it's because I've not eaten since lunch and I've been stressed so that's probably why.

"Actually, you could help me with hiding something." Hold up, Lucky is not about to use him, is she? No, she would never... I hope.

"Um, yeah, yeah." Trevor said that way to fast for my liking. I kick his shin gently, and he looks at me for a moment, eyes going wide and I swear his cheeks go pink. "Wait no-"

"Do you have priors?" Oh please, this kid would never do anything illegal... I take that back, yes he would. Oh god please don't be a complete dumbass for a girl Trevor. Phoebe and Podcast watch the two, Phoebe seems confused and Podcast looks between Trevor and I.

"'Cause they'll charge you as a minor. You'll get two years. Max." At this point I stand up to get Lucky to stop.

"Two?" I stand behind Trevor, put my hands on his shoulders and lean forwards. He looks over at me and I shake my head to show him that she's kidding, or to at least ignore her. As we are about to face her again, I see that Trevor's cheeks are red, probably from being so close to Lucky. My stomach drops again and I remind myself to eat when I get home so I can stop feeling sick.

"I'll visit you, okay?" Looking behind me, I see Lucky's dad outside the cell.

"Lucky. Quit messing with my inmates." I don't really speak to the sheriff but he seems like a nice guy.

She smiles and walks out of the cell. "Sorry, Dad."

It wasn't hard to miss the relief on dirt boy's face as Lucky walks away. I squeeze his shoulder and smile at him, poor kid was probably worried he was going to be hiding a gun or drugs. "'Dad.' So you're just..." While I feel bad, it is kinda funny so I let out a small laugh.

"Waiting for my ride. Yeah." She walks past the bars, looks at me and waves. Then the older girl looks between us and smirks when we make eye contact. She winks and goes back to the boy, "but you look good behind bars." I have no idea what just happened but ok then. Trevor looks shocked and I let him go, stepping away awkwardly. Phoebe quickly gets up and walks to the bars.

"Hey. Don't we get a phone call?" The sheriff steps closer to the bars.

"Sure you do. Who you gonna call?"

Time Skip

We wait to get picked up, sitting quietly in the cell. Well, most of us. Podcast is talking to Phoebe but she seems to be on another planet. "Are you ok? I know you were quite shaken up earlier." Trevor leans over to me and keeps quiet so the others don't hear. After nodding, he doesn't seem convinced so he moves over to sit right up next to me, his side against mine. He puts his feet on the bench with his long ass legs covering most of us from view. I roll my eyes at him but a small grin makes it's way to my face. He nudges me gently with his shoulder, a small smile on his face.