Set Up For The Sunset

Your P.o.V

Why did I let Trevor convince me to do this again? Oh right, because he's too cute to say no to. Damn you and your pretty face. "Just do it already, we can't get caught." Easy for you to say asshole, I'm the one on the ladder! I reach up to the top shelf and try to grab the bag that Trevor threw up there.

"I got it!" We cheer and I step back. Wait- "Shit!" Before I hit the floor, I feel Trevor catch me. We stay still for a few seconds, catching our breath and making sure I don't fall again. "Holy fuck knuckles." Trevor gently lets my legs down but supports my waist still.

"You really need to not do that." He looks down at me, concern written all over his face. Shit don't look at me like that. I try to stand up, but I'm still shaking after the fall. It wasn't that far down, just scary to fall off a ladder and into the arms of a gorgeous boy.

"I didn't mean too, but hey you caught me so..." We go silent as we hear a door opening. God, no one walk in now. Trevor's arm stays were it is and I feel his thumb moving in circles. The light touch makes my face burn and heart melt but I can't get mushy right now. When no one walks in, Trevor gently moves so one arm can reach out to pick up the bag. Forgot I risked my life for that. "Why did you throw the bag up there?"

"Uh... I can't remember." I hit him over the head. "Ow, I'm sorry." While I look at my watch, Trevor keeps complaining. "I could get brain damage if you keep hitting me y'know!"

"Shut up Spengler, there's no brain to damage." I take our shit and I wait for Trevor to realise our shift is over.

"Hey! There is too!" He stands next to the ladder with his arms crossed, pouting at me.

"Alright pretty boy, if you say so." I throw his bag at him and pull him towards the door. "Our shifts over and I need something from Walmart." As we run through the diner, Lucky stops us before we get out the kitchen. She pulls Trevor away and I almost get dragged too before I let his hand go. Shit, I hope Lucky didn't notice. Lately he's been more affectionate in public. Now I'm not complaining, it's just hard to explain to others, especially Lucky, that there is nothing going on and we don't like each other. A slight lie on my part.

I wait for Lucky to finish her conversation with Trevor, and I catch some parts of what they're saying. It's not like I'm trying to eavesdrop, there's barely anyone in the diner and there's only a wall between us. From what I can hear, Lucky is trying to convince Trevor about something and he keeps denying it.

A couple minutes later, Trevor walks back over to me with a bright red face. Ok, now I really want to know what they were talking about that could make him this embarrassed. Lucky shouts at us as we finally head out of the kitchen. "Have fun! And don't think I didn't see you holding hands!"

Time Skip

Trevor complains as I drag him to the candy isle but shuts up when I throw a bag of M&Ms at him. "How are you planning on roasting the marshmallows (Y/n)?" I shrug and continue looking for them. Finding the bags, I pick up a couple before the lanky boy holds them. "It's not like we have a fire pit.  Or lighters for that matter!"

Walking along, listening to Trevor, I pick up chocolate cookies. Once again the boy holds them and I roll my eyes at him, smiling as I turn away. "Cookies? Aren't s'mores normally made with chocolate and gram crackers?" I nod, looking at the different candies on the shelf.

"It's easier and cheaper. Plus this shit tastes good." We (I, Trevor did nothing) decide that we've got what we want and head to pay.

Time Skip

After we get back to my house, we pack the food into a bag. "You still haven't told me how we're making the s'mores." Trevor stands next to me, waiting for my instructions and complaining the whole time.

"I'm driving us to the top of the mountain and watch the sun set, we can stargaze and have s'mores there. Happy now?" He nods and I wait for him to process what I said.

"Wait you're driving? I didn't know you could drive!" I give him a look that says 'bitch', because I'm the legal driver between us.

"You do realise that I have my license and you don't, right?" Trevor's face goes red and I laugh. He shoves me gently before holding my hand so I don't fall. I intertwine our fingers so I can pull him along and drag him with me. I run to the backyard to get some wood for the fire and make Trevor hold it. Then we jog into my kitchen to put the food in a bag and take it back to the car. "Gimme the keys," I hold my other hand out to Trevor. He puts the keys in my hand hesitantly, and I grin. Hell yes, I get to drive the Ecto-1!

Time Skip

As I drive up the mountain, Trevor seems pleasantly surprised that we haven't crashed. "Y'know what, you should drive us more." He leans over and rests his arm over my shoulder.

"Excuse you! I'm the one that passed first time, not you!" He laughs and I try not to think about how his arm grazes the back of my neck every few seconds. Dirt boy turns up the music from the CD, filling the car with Elton John.

Soon we arrive and set up the car to face the sunset, as well as a fire pit. I sit on the floor, waiting for Trevor to start the fire. He struggled with getting the wood to light, only getting the lighter to flicker and cursing every time it went out. "Shit, come one!" I take the lighter and get the fire to start almost immediately. Trevor looks up at me, shocked. "You really are incredible, y'know that?" My face burns and I turn away, getting the stuff for the s'mores.

"It's not that impressive Trev-" he jumps up, pulling my face towards him. Oh fuck, his hands are on my cheeks and he's basically gazing into my soul. His hands are warm, his eyes are so pretty and now I can't turn away because he'll know. He may be stupid sometimes but he'll know that him just looking at me has an effect on me.

His thumbs trace my cheekbones, damn he can probably feel how hot my face is. "You're really pretty..." He says it so softly, I almost don't hear it. Trevor's eyes seem glazed over almost, like he's in another world. Fuck, we're very close right now. Were we this close before? Maybe, but right now all I can think about is that I could so easily kiss him. Just an inch or two closer and-