Through The Window

Trevors P.o.V

"Ok, everything is packed and ready for the trip." Mom puts the bags in the back seats of the car. Mr Tully stands talking to Gary, I still don't get what mom sees in him. Anyway, Podcast and Pheebs whisper to each other, Podcast mostly. I know what they're talking about but I can't be bothered to tell them to stop.

"Tell them I miss them too, ok?" Lucky stands next to me. She's missed (Y/n) a lot, she's had to work alone more because they've not been here. But that meant I had to spend time with Lucky, and listen to her talk about how she knows I like (Y/n) and "you should confess because they definitely like you back". She says that (Y/n) acts like they like me but she's always been like that with me. Lucky is probably trying to make me feel better, but I'm not going to lose her again to something dumb like unrequited feelings.

After agreeing, it's time for us to leave so it won't be stupidly late when we get there. I say goodbyes to mom, Phoebe and my friends, even Gary. Now it's for a long ride with my best friends grandpa.

We sit in the car, driving out of Summerville. God it's good to be out of there, even if it's for a week. The place is a pile of shit, other than some of the people. It's quiet and Mr Tully doesn't seem like a talkative type, so it's not that awkward. "So how long has this been going on?" Ok maybe I'm wrong.

"I don't think I follow, sir?" The old man chuckles.

"Call me Lewis please, we'll spend enough time together." He pauses and goes back to his original question. "You and (Y/n), neither of you are very good at hiding it." Again, I have no idea what he's talking about.

Looking out the window, I try to think of an answer. I have no idea what he means, hiding what? That I like her? But Mr- Lewis said both of us, surely he's not saying what I think he's saying. "Uh, we're not together. We're just comfortable with being affectionate I guess-"

He cuts me off, laughing again. "No, god I know that. (Y/n) said something similar. Maybe that's why you're not there yet." Again, I'm confused as fuck. Lewis sighs, looking more tired than an old man does already. "This will be a long, thoughtful ride for you son."

Your P.o.V

Grandpa called not long ago and said he'd be home in a few hours, so don't wait up for him. Now it's about 10:30pm, so may as well get some rest now, no point in waiting when I'll see him in the morning. I watch the videos that Trevor sent me, it helps to keep the nightmares away, a bit at least. Ten minutes in and I can feel myself drifting.

I sit up, but now I'm not home. Gozer stands over me in the field, Podcast, Phoebe, Lucky and Trevor stand around us. I can't see their faces but I know it's them. I try to run over to any of them, but it's like I'm stuck. Trapped.
Another figure comes along, it's me but... different. Scarier. Like they want to hurt my family. No, don't do this! She looks at me and grabs Trevor, pulling him away.
No, no, no! I can't move. I can't breathe. God I have to get out!

Tap
Tap
Tap

Jolting up, my breathing is uncontrolled and rapid. Shit, it's getting worse. Tap. What the hell is that? Tap. The window is going to break if that doesn't stop. I check my phone to see the time. Who the hell is here at 1AM? Getting out of bed, I move over to get rid of whatever that annoying tapping is. Tap. "Shit!"

Wait, I recognise that voice. Oh god I really am going crazy. Opening the curtain, below my window is a person but I can't make out who. Now I should be concerned, but he's holding his head, probably from getting hit from a rock he threw. The figure looks up, and-

"Holy shit."

"Will you help me up now? Took you long enough to get there." Trevor stands at the bottom, smiling like we haven't been a part for weeks.

"I- what. How, when, who-"

"I'll answer in a minute, can you help me up first? It's cold and I'd rather be up there." Jesus Christ. Ok, don't freak out. Just help him up. I lower the makeshift ladder grandpa gave me a few days ago. The boy climbs up quickly, almost missing some of the steps.

Once he's inside, I tackle him. It's not dramatic, I'm just lonely and starved of the affection he gives. Trevor hugs back just as tightly, not letting go.

After a few minutes of quiet, I pull back and look over him. Same car shirt, same big doe eyes, shorter curly hair. "You've had a haircut." He looks surprised, I would be too. It wasn't much, just a bit off the ends.

"Yeah I did." Trevor looks over me, trying to see if anything is different too. "You've not been sleeping. Why didn't you tell me?" Ah shit. I hoped he wouldn't notice over calls, but now I really can't hide it.

"Oh I'm fine." He gives a concerned look. "I promise, not been sleeping well without you is all." We move so that he sits against the wall, legs out and I sit on his thighs. His big doe eyes remind me of Bambi, all sweet and concerned. "I'm ok Bambi, really."

Trevors cheeks flush pink, but he still looks upset. "You can call me cute names all you like, I'm still worried about you." Now I feel my face warm up. He runs his hands up and down my waist, occasionally catching the bare skin on my side. The feeling makes my heart beat faster, but I ignore it as best I can. "I've missed you, so much."

"I've missed you too." Thinking back to all the times I woke up from the dreams without him, now I know I need him to keep me sane. "It's weird seeing you in my childhood room." He smiles and shrugs.

"Maybe it's just because your future is mixing with your past." God for someone so dumb, he has a way with words. Trevor has a lazy smile, probably because he's tired and happy.

One of his hands cups my jaw, pulling me gently towards him. My nose bumps into his, and I realise that nothing can interrupt or stop us this time. I thought that maybe it wasn't meant to happen, that I was imagining it and he wouldn't think of me like that. But maybe...

Trevors nose bumps into mine gently, and the lazy smile lifts slightly more. "Just close your eyes ok?" Fuck, I can hardly breathe. He closes the gap slowly. Painfully slowly I might add. We almost melt together, and I swear Mother Nature is making up for all the shit I've ever been through with this. He pulls away after a second, we sit quietly and get our breath back. Fuck it I can breathe when I'm dead. Falling forwards again, I hold one hand on his neck and another of Trevor's chest. This way I can feel the pounding of his heart and keep him upright. We kiss softly for what could be seconds or hours.

I pull away, looking over the beautiful boy in front of me. His face is a shade of red that I will remember forever and I'd think he might be dead if I wasn't feeling his heartbeat. "Was that ok?" Trevor nods, still no change from the happy smile. "Alright, it's late. We should go to sleep, get changed first." Before I can move off of him, he pulls me forward so I'm laying on his chest. Fuck, he's warm and I feel like I'm going to explode.

Eventually we get up and Trevor goes to get changed. "You can stay in here. If you want?" I ask, we've done it before, so now shouldn't be different. Well, maybe a little different. He says sure, and I turn around to give him some privacy. I get back in bed, waiting and maybe watching a little bit. Can you blame me? He's pretty.

Trevor slides in next to me once he's in his pjs, making the small space warmer. We wrap our legs together and he leans his head into the crook of my neck. The hair and his breath tickles slightly but I wouldn't have it any other way. Before I fall asleep again, I kiss his curls and he kisses my neck.

I think Lucky was right about us.

A/n

I'm so sorry, it's been so long 😭 I've been busy and burnt out but inspiration struck and I hope you enjoy it.
Hopefully you like where it's going and how.

I love you all for your support that you still give and I will try to get out more xxx