What's Going On?

Your P.o.V

"And yeah they're related to Egon Spengler, the Ghostbuster-" I try to explain but grandma cuts me off.

"Oh my god! I showed them the house when they moved to Summerville! I should've realised as soon as your father told me about your new friends and the whole ghost thing going down. Then we got that message from Venkman about Gozer and- Oh god please tell me you weren't apart of that! I should've stayed-"

Grandpa shush's her, trying to calm her down, not that he seems much better. "Ethan, Amy, you two go get your room ready and take a look around." My parents nod, looking as shocked as I felt. Once they left grandpa turned back to me. "(Y/n), did anything happen that night, when Gozer attacked?"

Thinking about everything that happened, I feel like I should tell them about getting possessed. "Yes, Gozer had these dog things, and they possessed Callie, Trevors mom, and Gary, some guy they know. A-and then we got Callie free but later I got possessed too, not for long beca-"

"How do you feel now?" Thinking about the nightmares and the dull achy pain, telling them the truth is a better idea than lying. As I explain how I feel, their faces drain of colour. Well, guess I'm fucked.

"What's going on? Why are you so worried? I get that's it's not good getting possessed but surely it'll go away-" getting cut off again, grandpa explains that it's different for me. Because he got possessed before, so now I'm more likely to get affected by it. "But I'm adopted. I'm not blood related to you, so how does that work?"

"Gozer is a powerful god, and generational curses can and will continue through blood or name sake. Like your mom would be affected because she's now a part of our family. The same goes for the others who got possessed." Great, now if my friends relatives get possessed by Gozer, their screwed too.

But hopefully we can get rid of this shit easily. "How do we fix it?"

"We're not sure, but from the research that Egon showed us, maybe we can figure out a way to get rid of the excess Gozer." Ok so shit got way worse than I thought. Talking about everything thats been haunting me is making me feel dizzy and it starts to kick in just how exhausted I am. Grandma gives a sympathetic look, tells me to get some rest and go see my room. After hugging them, I go up to my old room.

It's the same as it used to be, albeit less toys and slightly duller than when I was like 10. I see that my parents left my luggage next to the bed, the backpack Trevor gave me on the bed. Shit! I need to see what's inside. Setting the phone so it's facing me and the bag, I FaceTime Trevor.

"Everything ok? How're you-" his faces goes red when he spots the bag. "Uh, have you seen what's inside yet?" I shake my head, sitting next to open the bag. Dirt boy fumbled in the background, repeating "you promised to not get mad". The first thing I see is a T-shirt, one I've stolen many times from him, and it covers everything else. Taking it out, Trevor tells me how he knew I liked it, "I wanted you to have a physical reminder of me, y'know?" He smiles sheepishly, looking away. My face heats up and a grin spreads on my face.

Continuing through the bag, most of it is clothes or specifically: two T-shirts, a hoodie and sweatpants. At the bottom though, is a key chain with a VW van, a wrench, a flower and a USB stick. "It's dumb I know, and I made it a few days before you left. I just thought it would be help you remember me..." Trevor trails off, and I look up at him. Shit man, my stomach feels all fuzzy and it hits me that I can't be with him. "And thank you for the book by the way, it's really cute,"

"I'm glad you like it." Bringing my laptop up, I get it ready to look at the USB. "Guess we had similar ideas." We laugh quietly, trying to enjoy the feeling of being together.

Time Skip

It's been three weeks since I've been here. The research that I've gone through with my grandparents is just starting to get somewhere and I've barely had time to talk to Trevor. We've only had phone calls that last a few hours into the night, and the occasional text or FaceTime. Lucky texts when she can, but she's busy with work even more now. Podcast sends pictures often, of Phoebe, Trevor or whatever they are doing. The little moments that I wish I could be apart of.

When the home sickness kicks in too much, I look back at the photos and videos that Trevor gave me in the USB. Videos of us and the younger teens messing around, photos that I knew about and others I didn't.

It brings me some comfort on the nights when I can't sleep. The dreams are getting worse. Less like memory's and more of what Gozer could have done. It's bad enough when they hurt my family, but it's even worse when they make me do it. Thinking about it makes me nauseous. I've barely slept, and I think my grandparents especially have noticed. All Trevor knows is that I've had some bad dreams and it affects my sleep, but I haven't been able to tell him what they're about.

"You look exhausted honey, couldn't sleep again?" Grandma sits next to me, handing a hot drink over. I shake my head, trying to block out the images of what happened. "We'll fix it, I promise." She gives me a hug and goes into the garden with my parents.

Grandpa had to leave this morning to go on a business meeting, and he said he'll be back in the evening. Something seemed weird though. Like my family knew something I didn't. Probably some big deal, so I'm not worried too much. I text Trevor again, he's been kinda distant the last few days. Not on purpose, he's been working, but when we do talk he seems distracted. It's fine, everyone has bad days and he's probably tired.

Dirt Boy🚓❤️

Dude I'm so bored

im working rn but ill call when i can ok?

Okie
Are you ever gonna have a day off??

god I hope so

We've got like 10-11 days until we can see each other again 😭

we all miss you
cant wait for you to get back so i can sleep again

I told you not to stay up late

you cant stop me
id do anything to keep your dumbass company

Awwww that's so sweet

hey i gotta go
ill text you when i can

Ok...
Miss you love 💛

miss you too darlin 💛

A/n

Heyyyyy
It's been awhile. So I've been busy with shit, but I'm trying to get out more work for you guys.
I really appreciate all the love and support you have been giving me, I love all your comments too lmao
I will try to get more done soon. It's getting real good now, I have good plans ❤️❤️