Miss you

Trevors P.o.V

As the car pulls further away, the small group disperses. Phoebe and Podcast go to the car, as well as my mom and Gary. Lucky stays, waiting for me. After the others have left, she questions the book in my hand. "(Y/n) gave it to me," the front cover is painted and it's held closed with some string. Once it's opened, I see on the inside cover that theres a note with some dried wheat taped next to it.

Dirt Boy,
I have spent a long time by myself, which you know, and I've always wanted to have someone that I could say was my person. When I met you, something was different. You were my person from the start. I'm not much of a writer, so maybe I can show you how much you mean to me.
Within these pages, is a collection of pictures and mementos of the things we have done together, as well as a timeline of how we've grown. Cheesy I know. But I really want you to know how you've changed my life, and how much I care about you.
Enough with the sappy shit, I hope you cry over this. Love you dipshit xx

Tears burn against my eyes, but I hold them back as I laugh at (Y/n)s writing. Under the first note is a much smaller one, clearly written and taped on recently.

So this isn't what I planned to add to this book, but hey here we are. I'm going to miss you so much, so so much ok. Don't get stuck in that head of yours while I'm gone, I'll find a way to come back. Take care of yourself xxx

I close the book, promising myself to look through it properly later. "We should go back to work now, don't wanna be late." Walking away from (Y/n)s house, Lucky follows.

She brushes past, heading towards Spinners. "You're better go visit them sometime, lover boy."

Your P.o.V

It's been 4 hours, and we've finally arrived. I spent most of the ride asleep, exhausted from earlier. Looking at my grandmas house, it's the same as I remember it. Big and cozy, although it seems duller now. Getting out of the car, I hear the river that's close to her house. When I was younger and visited in the summer, I would play in it for hours. Good memories are all I've had from here. It's not that I don't want to be here, I just want my friends with me. I've been with them for months now, Trevor daily. It's hard to suddenly not be together. Especially after what we've been through.

There's also a problem with that. No one knows this, not even Trevor, but after that night with Gozer, there's been an ache, like a bruise on it in my head. After it happened I couldn't remember it. But after a while, it started to come back in dreams. Then it turned into bad dreams and fake scenarios that could have happened. Like rewatching what happened and this time Gozer makes me kill one of my friends. It's not been too bad because Trevor is normally with me, but now I'm alone. And I'm scared it will be worse.

An older women walks over to us, knocking me out of my thoughts. "Where's my sweet little grandchild?" She pulls me into a bone crushing hug, squishing me against her. Attaching myself to her, I take in the comforting scent and homey feel of my grandma. "Look at you, you've grown up so much!" She continues to coddle me while my parents move our luggage into the house. "Lewis, dear, come and say hello."

My grandma pulls me into the house, dragging me over to my grandpa. He sits on an old couch that's god knows how old, staring at the tv that's surprisingly new. I walk over and sit next to him, leaning into his side. His arm wraps around my shoulder, helping me relax. "How was the ride over?"

"Long and boring. But we're here now, and I'm starving." He smiles and I help him get up from the couch. Grandma talks to my parents in the kitchen and Grandpa makes sandwiches quietly. I never used to understand how they were together but now, I realise how well they fit. My grandpa is nerdy and awkward, with thick glasses he's always had. My grandma is feisty and loud. But I guess that's what makes them work so well, Lewis Tully and Janine Melnitz. Or Tully-Melnitz, the name that my dad kept because my grandparents agreed to keep their last names. They said it shows they are their own individual people and can't be owned by someone else. Kinda badass.

I help with the sandwiches, plating them and adding some chips on the side. We sit at the table in the centre of the kitchen and they talk about everything that's happened since the last visit. Zoning out, I focus on my food and texting Trevor that I'm here.

Dirt Boy🚓❤️

we've landed

its been like 4 hour wtf
where are u???

Lmao
middle of nowhere pretty much
but also near a city

those are 2 very different things
but im glad ur safe

Aww, you care about me 😘🤣

shut up🙄

I gotta go, need to socialise apparently...

ok
call later if u can

I will
I miss your dumbass already 💛

I miss you too darlin💛

"So (Y/n), your mom says you've made some new friends back home," grandma looks over at me, the room quiet. They all smirk apart from my grandpa, who's smiling and doesn't realise they are trying to embarrass me. I nod, eating my food so I don't have to talk about it. "And that you spend a lot of time with one of them, what's his name? Tristan? Troy-"

"Trevor." She claps her hands and makes a noise like she just remembered. "And yeah I guess. We have a lot in common and stuff..."

They ask more questions, my grandma clearly suggesting something os going on and my grandpa is just happy I have a friend. "So what's his last name, maybe we know them?" Grandpa calls from the fridge getting a few sodas out.

"Spengler-" before I can finish, he drops the cans and my grandma goes quiet. They look at each other, and I wonder if they know them because of the Ghostbusters in the 80s.