10

No POV
Omni palace

"My other half.... Do you know who Arria is?" Future asked sitting on Present's bed in his room. The room was a mess. Everything was broken. And the bed would collapse at any time. Present was sitting down, his head in his knees and his arms hugging his legs. Beside Future.

".... "

" She is the woman who tried to kill us. When we were just fetuses. You in your time line and me in mine. Zerra didn't let her, she fought for us. Got injured, but she had protected us with all she can. And here me and you are, living and perfectly formed"

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Arria is our grandmother. Zerra defied orders of her mother, did all she can to keep us alive. Even if she got injured, she still kept on fighting for us. She never left us to die. She loves us and that will never change trust me,"Future said.

"That's not true. She may live you on your timeline but she does not not love me here. She left me by myself, I did nothing to her. Yet she left me just like that!" Present said starting to tear up again.

"The story doesn't end here. You'll have to hear it from her. I know it all and you should know it too. But I'm not going to tell you. You have to ask it from your mother. Ask her why she left. But she never left you alone. She left you with your father. Someone who loved you but you treated him like a lowly servant," Future said before disappearing. The last two sentences caught Present Zain off guard. And he started to wonder if all of this is worth it.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Between the two ex lovers, there was only quiet. No one spoke, they couldn't even look at each other. Everything was too overwhelming.

"Tenshi...."

.....

"My mother, after running away from her she finally caught up to me. Threatened me..... You know how powerful she is and no one can stop her. I didn't want you and Zain to die because of me. I wouldn't be able to bear that. I couldn't let that happen. So I did what she wanted me to do. To give up you and Zain, to leave you behind.... And never come back," Zerra said as tears starting rolling down her eyes. She looked down as they fell on her dress.

"I still love you.... But I had to protect you. I'm sor--" Zera felt arms around her. Soft, warm, filled with regret and love. She embraced him back while tears falling from both of them.

"I-I forgive you... And thank you," Dai said as Zerra layed her head on his shoulder.

"We'll have to talk about what we'll do about Arria," Zain said from the door not looking at the two. They both we startled about that and turned to him.

"That's impossible to do.. All of us have tried to defeat her, but it never worked. And there's always something keeping us from telling their Supreme Majesties and your grandfather. So they're oblivious of Arria's evil intentions," Dai stated separating the embrace now facing Present Zain.

"Don't get me wrong I don't care what happens to her. I'm just worried about you Daishinkan...." what Zain said left Zerra even more hurt but she understood. She's the one at fault.

"Its not impossible. It's an easy plan but it should be planned out very well, you three will have to be willing to do it," Future said out of nowhere and stood beside Zain.

"What's the plan then?"

"Mother will have to go back to the mortal world. And keep in touch with both of you. We all know Arria has eyes everywhere that's why you should go back. Everything else will be explained in due time. I don't want to spoil it," Future said closing his eyes and placing his hand on his chin in thinking.

" I had observed everything that was happening but I know it'll work. But Zain will die so you'll have to find someone who'll help him at that moment "

" Wait I'll die?!"

"Our grandmother always have something up in her sleeve"

"I don't want my child to die! I've sacrificed more than enough. Isn't there a way I could take his spot..." Zera said in a loud tone but she quiet down after seeing the stare her son from the present gave him.

"Don't worry about, I have someone who'll help us with no questions. But when will this occur?"

"In due time father, you all just trust your instincts"

.
.
.
Exi out ✨