16- A Hearty Meal

With the capture of the Villains and the safeguard of the students, the Villain invasion was prevented with little to no major casualties.

The students as well as the teachers involved with the invasion were pardoned to go home and rest as this is such an unexpected predicament.

At the Midoriya household...

Izuku slowly laid Nemuri on their bed after she washed up and Izuku tended to her wounds. It's fortunate that Nemuri just sustained minor injuries.

"You go and have a nice rest dear. I'm sure you're exhausted." said Izuku, laying a blanket on top of Nemuri.

Izuku was about to let Nemuri rest when she grabbed his hand.

"Izu, can you stay with me until I fall asleep?" asked Nemuri.

Izuku held her hand as he laid on the bed besides Nemuri as well.

"I'm going to be with you until you fall asleep." answered Izuku as he kissed Nemuri's forehead and embraced her in his arms.

Nemuri slowly went drowsy as she leaned her head on Izuku's chest. Izuku accompanied his wife until she relaxed and had a proper shut eye.

While they were sleeping, Izuku was woken up by Nemuri's troubled mumbling.

As it turns out, Nemuri was having dreams recalling what happened earlier. Seems like that incident has such a major impact on her. Luckily Izuku was there to sort out the situation as if he hadn't came, the consequences may be unimaginable.

"Everything is okay. As long as I'm here nothing bad will ever happen to you." comforted Izuku, whispering on Nemuri's ear as he embraced her tighter.

With this, Nemuri's mumbling stopped.

Izuku slowly got out of bed leaving Nemuri behind sleeping peacefully.

He then went to the kitchen and pulled out a big pot from the cabinet.

"It's time to get some cooking done." said Izuku as he prepared the dish that he's about to make.

A few hours later, Nemuri was woken up by a wonderful and enticing smell of herbs and aromatics wafting through the air.

She then went down to the kitchen and saw Izuku putting the big pot on the table.

"What did you make dear?" asked Nemuri rubbing her eyes.

"Why don't you take a look yourself." said Izuku as he opened the lid of the pot.

Nemuri then took a glance on what's inside and her eyes brightened. Its her favorite, whole boiled chicken.

 Its her favorite, whole boiled chicken

"Wow it smells amazing." said Nemuri.

"Why don't you wait in the living room and watch some TV as I will just prepare this for you to try." said Izuku as Nemuri went to the living room.

Izuku then took the chicken and carved of some of the breast part and sliced it to bite sized pieces and placed it on a plate.

After that, he placed a pan in medium heat and took a generous chicken stock from the pan and put it in the pan.

Izuku then took a cup worth of rice and mixed it together with the chicken stock in the pan. To fancy things up, Izuku put in black pepper, diced carrots and chopped scallions.

After it cooked, Izuku placed the chicken rice neatly beside the sliced chicken breast and brought it to Nemuri.

"Here you go dear. I hope you like it." said Izuku as he presented the dish to Nemuri.

"It looks good!"

As soon as Nemuri took a bite, she immediately teared up.

"Why, what's the matter dear? Did you not like it?" wondered Izuku.

"N-no it's not that. It's delicious, I'm just reminded that it's the very first food you ever cooked for me." cried Nemuri as we see a child like side of her.

"I will cook this for you for how many times you want me to." said Izuku as he gave Nemuri the warmest smile he can muster to make his wife feel at ease.

"Well then, it's time for me to fetch Eri from school." said Izuku looking at the clock.

"Be careful." replied Nemuri.

"I will." answered Izuku.

Izuku then went to Eri's school to get her.

When they arrived home, Eri quickly ran towards Nemuri with tears and snot riddled face.

"Mamaaa! Wuaahh!" cried Eri as she dashed to Nemuri and hugged her.

"E-Eri dear, what happened?" asked Nemuri worried.

"P-papa said that mama h-had a bad day at w-work today." cried Eri.

Nemuri just smiled as she also embraced the crying Eri.

"It's okay dear." comforted Nemuri.

"A-are you sad mama?" asked Eri.

"Knowing that you're worried about me, I don't feel sad anymore." smiled Nemuri.

"Really?!" exclaimed Eri.

"Yes, really."

"Mama is okay now thanks to you Eri." said Izuku as he lifted Eri up and wiped her tears away.

"Yey! I made mama happy!"

'S-so cute!' thought both Izuku and Nemuri

With that settled, the Midoriya family sat on the table together and enjoyed a hearty and warm dinner full of smiles and laughter.