- her incident -

[the next Friday]

"Guys, we have to go to the pre-spring break party," Chanhee says during lunch.

"Who's hosting?" Jia asks.

"Ahn Yena? I think. But what does it matter?? Everyone knows pre-break parties are the best because there's no school to go to later on." Chanhee says.

"I don't know if my parents would let me go... sorry." Sunwoo says.

"I'll go." Jia says.

"Jacob? Daeun?" he asks.

"Daeun?" Jacob asks me.

"Er- I don't know, I never go to parties." I say.

"I'll go if you go," Jacob says.

"Ugh just both of you come," Jia says.

"Fine, but only for a bit." I say, to which chanhee claps.

"Sunwoo? Please?" Jacob says.

"Yeah what are you gonna do otherwise? Study?" I raise my eyebrows at him and he narrows his eyes at me.

"Well if my friends insist," Sunwoo says, because other people are around us.

"Nice! Peer pressure!" Chanhee claps.

[Friday, 8:50 pm]

"Uh, Jia? Are you sure about this?" I ask from Jia's dorm bathroom who volunteered to help me get ready.

"Show me." Jia says, and I step into the main dorm room where she's doing her makeup.

I look in the mirror, Jia assigned me a red satin top with thin straps and an open lace up back. Paired with a thick white belt over a black miniskirt.

"It looks great!!" she beams. "It suits you."

"Are you sure it's okay for me to borrow this stuff?" I ask, looking at the brand of the belt.

"Of course." Jia says. "It was sent to me for an Instagram sponsor @free.Zia."

I do minimal eyeliner and simple lip gloss to which I'm surprised Jia doesn't try to overdue.

As if reading my mind she says, "It's important that people incorporate their own style they're comfortable with when trying something new."

Surprised at her intelligence, I nod in agreement. She grabs her pink prada bag and we head down the elevator to where we agreed to meet our other friends.

We find them in the courtyard and begin walking to the west dormitory building where Yena's top floor suite is.

"Doesn't Daeun look hot?" Jia says to the guys.

"Y-yeah." Jacob answers.

"Meh." Sunwoo shrugs.

"Ignore him, you look great." Chanhee says.

It's quite a long walk to the buildings and Chanhee and Jia find themselves in a conversation with the rest of us in silence.

"Are you cold?" Jacob asks, ready to take off his jacket.