- her perfect day -

"Everyone please partner with your desk-mate." the teacher says after explaining our project directions. "This is a requirement for art this year, it will be graded."

The class groans at the idea of not getting to chose a partner and another graded assignment.

The girl next to me, unfortunately one of Lora's friends- Minju turns to me and says "So tell me, what actually happened on friday before spring break? I'm like genuinely curious."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I heard something happened- everyone's talking about it." She says.

"Everyone?"

"Mhm, so spill."

"I... er- I don't know." I shrug.

"Hey, Cha Daeun, wanna switch partners with me?" Sunwoo asks, who sits diagonally behind me.

Jacob, who sits next to him and behind me perks up.

"Gladly," Minju turns around to face sunwoo.

I give sunwoo a grateful nod and we switch seats.

"So, have you ever done photography?" Jacob asks me, which is the project.

"Never, but I've always wanted to it looks so fun," I say. "Should we plan out our portfolio?"

"Great idea," Jacob grins, and I've been missing talking to him. Since he went to canada for spring break, the time change prevented us from contacting each other.

"Remember class," The teacher says over the chatting. "Check out a digital or film camera in the library from Monday to Wednesday and turn it back in at the end of the project,"

She dismisses us from our last class and we separate ways to go to our dorms.

[Tuesday after school]

"How about this one?" I hold up a camera I picked up from the technology shelf in the library.

"Ooo lemme see," Jacob walks over and inspects the 1988 digital camera.

"Add it to the list," He says, and puts it in our little library cart full of cool cameras we can't decide on.

"We only need two," I laugh.

"they're all so pretty though!" Jacob grins. We continue to look around for cameras that might be of interest and I spot one on the top shelf. I stand on my tip toes but it's just out of reach. Before I give up Jacob appears silently behind me and grabs it with ease. My heart beats faster at his close presence.

I don't know why, but I make the mistake of turning around, and Jacob looks equally as surprised.

"Looks like you two are having fun." a voice cuts through our staring at each other. We both look left to see Sunwoo standing on the other side of the book shelves.

He wears his smirk that appears when he's talking about jacob and I.

Jacob clears his throat and backs away quickly. "We're just checking out cameras."

"Mhm," Sunwoo grins.

"What's with your hair anyway?" Jacob nods at him. "It's straight."

"My hair?" Sunwoo says, and we glance at each other. "Just thought I'd try something new I guess," he shrugs.

"hm, it looks nice!" Jacob smiles.

"yeah well anyway I'll leave you two to your... studies." Sunwoo turns around and exits.

"Hm, he's weird sometimes," Jacob shrugs. "Do you want to take the photos tomorrow after class? I have a street in mind,"

"Sounds great!" I tell him.

[Wednesday after school]

"Ready?" Jacob asks.

"Yep," I tell him.

He rented those bikes you find on the sidewalk because he knows I don't like car rides. And it turns out to be perfect spring weather to cruise along town.

"Turn here," he says after a mile or two.

We end up in a small cute street. The walls are made of stone and there's vines and pretty flowers in every nook. It looks like a town for fairies.

"This is so cool!" I hop off the bike. "How did you find it??"

"Just a little researching," Jacob answers, and we move onto the sidewalk.

"I don't think anyone is putting effort into this project." I say.

"We might as well! Besides, I was kinda looking forward to doing this with you to be honest," Jacob runs a hand through his light hair.

I blush a little and look away. "It's perfect weather,"

"Perfect weather for a perfect date- I mean day! Not date... haha," Jacob says in a flustered rush.

"Sure is," I laugh at him.

We stroll down the street taking photos of random corners, signs, and flowers that we like. It was the most fun 2 hours I've had in a very long time. Even if we don't talk a lot, Jacob and I somehow understand each other. And It's always calming to hang out with him. Even as an introvert I feel like I could be around him for hours on end and we'd never get tired.

"What are you looking at? Is there something on my face?" Jacob asks.

"Hm? oh, nope!" I force myself to look away from him.

"Then what is it?" He asks.

"Nothing. Just, your smile," I blurt out.

Jacob looks at the ground but I can see his slightly pink cheeks.

He looks back up and snaps a photo of me.

"Hey! Delete that," I try to snatch his camera.

"never!" He laughs and runs away. I chase him all the way back down the sunny street to the bikes again. The street where we let go of our worries and forgot about the world for a second. Like the calm before the storm.