20

It was 1:50 am when Chanhee was rolled back to his room at the hospital. The maknae line was ushered back to the dorms, much to their displeasure. Changmin reluctantly came with them, seeing as they needed a responsible adult.

All who were left in Chanhee's hospital room were Sangyeon, Jacob, Younghoon, Hyunjae, Juyeon, Kevin, the hyung line manager and the '98 line manager. The 3 younger boys were dead asleep, tired from worrying and waiting.

Jacob seemed to be falling asleep as well but he was trying to stay awake. "Go to sleep, Jacob-ah." Sangyeon says in a soft voice. "I'll wake you up when Chanhee comes." Jacob shook his head but it seems like his body liked the idea.

Immediately as his head touched his boyfriend's shoulder, Jacob fell into a deep sleep. Sangyeon looked at how Jacob's worried and tired face became worryfree once he fell asleep. He didn't have the heart to continue on with his promise.

The nurses rolled Chanhee's bed into the room to transfer him to his original bed. "Let us help." Younghoon and Sangyeon, being the only ones awake at the moment, rushed to the sleeping boy and helped the nurses carefully move him.

The two managers with them also rushed to help make sure Chanhee doesn't wake up from the move. Once the sleeping boy was safely and securely place on his hospital bed, the nurses told the managers some stuff for the boy.

"We'll be checking up on him once he wakes up, please call us once he does. The doctor will check up on him around 12 pm. Don't be afraid to call us for any other concerns." With that, the nurses went back to their jobs.

"You two get some sleep as well." The hyung line manager says, the '98 line's manager nodding in agreement. "No... We need- I need to wai-" Younghoon's words were cut off by a loud yawn coming from his own mouth.

Sangyeon quickly followed in suit with the yawn, which caused a chain reaction with everyone that was awake. (A/N: Even I yawned while writing this part) Younghoon may deny it but, he needed to sleep. They all needed to sleep.

The hyung line manager sighed deeply. He knew they needed to rest but they wanted to watch over Chanhee. "Sleep. I'm sure you'll wake up before he does." Not wanting to go against their manager's orders, the two boys fell asleep.

Chanhee woke up quicker that expected. It was around 6 am when the boy woke up from his anesthetic state. He quickly surveyed the area, seeing that everyone in his room was asleep. He smiled slightly, seeing the people who stayed.

A loud groan caught Chanhee off guard. Out of reflex, he closed his eyes and pretended to still be asleep. He wasn't able to see who made that sound or if that person woke up, he didn't really want to open his eyes to find out.

"Chanhee? I know you're awake." Chanhee kept his eyes closed for a few more seconds before slowly opening them. He knew that voice very well. They've been living together for years, it was inevitable to not recognize the voice.

"Y- Younghoon hyung?" Younghoon let out a sigh of relief. "How are you feeling?" He asks, taking a chair and quietly placing it beside Chanhee's bedside. Everyone else was still asleep so he needed to be as quiet as possible.

Chanhee shrugged, flinching at the slight discomfort the action gave him. "Other than my chest feeling both numb and painful- Just peachy." That made Younghoon laugh a little. Leave it to Chanhee to still act sassy after a surgery.

"Do you want me to call the nurses now that you're awake?" "The others will wake up... Maybe call them once everyone is awake, hm?" And though it was better if he did call the nurses at that moment, Younghoon complied to his request.

The two of them stayed in each other's presence in silence. It was not long before the '98 liner's manager woke up to see two of the members, one of which he was assigned to, were already awake. "I'll get us some breakfast."

Younghoon and Chanhee nodded in acknowledgement. When the manager left, the two boys were left in silence once more. "So... Am I allowed to eat?" Younghoon stared at the younger boy in confusion. What does he mean by allowed to eat?

He wasn't on a diet or anything.. Right? "I mean like, solid foods. I did just come out of a surgery." Younghoon's faced turned into one of understanding. "I'm not sure- maybe no? Then again, the only surgeries I know are appendicitis surgeries."

That wasn't even remotely funny and yet, it made Chanhee giggle. It hurt to laugh but he couldn't help himself. "What?" Younghoon gasps in offense, pretending to be offended for the boy laughing at him for no reason.

That made Chanhee laugh a bit harder and made the pain in his chest even greater. "St- stop making me l- laugh! I- it hurts!" But Chanhee couldn't stop laughing even though there was nothing funny. His laughs couldn't help but make Younghoon smile.