23

When Chanhee woke up, he was greeted with a familiar plain room. The sound of consistent beeps resonated beside him and the smell of sterile alcohol engulfed his lungs. The right side of his body felt numb and he could feel a pain in his chest.

Chanhee was back at the hospital. At this point, he should just buy a room there since it was like his second home. He looked at his right to see why he could barely move it to see that he was connected to a dextrose. 'No wonder I felt a needle,' he thought to himself.

"Chanhee!" He knew that voice. Changmin approached the hospital bed and peered over at Chanhee. "You're awake! Let me call the doctor." But before Changmin could do so, Chanhee grabbed his wrist and held on as tight as he could.

"Wh- what happened? Did I–" Even without an answer, Chanhee could piece together what has happened. He overexerted himself; he had a relapse; he broke his promise to Hyunjun. He didn't take care of himself nor his heart.

Changmin carefully released himself from Chanhee's grip and left to call a doctor. "Hyung?" Haknyeon approached him. He and Changmin were the only ones in the room when Chanhee woke up. The others were back at the dorms.

Haknyeon took a chair and sat on Chanhee's left. He stared at the boy with these wet eyes. "I'm sorry, hyung." Chanhee didn't know why Haknyeon was crying but he did what he'd usually do; he grabbed the boy's hand and placed it on his cheek.

The younger flinched when his hand that was being controlled by the older touched his own cheek. "Why are you sorry?" "I- you got hurt and I finally saw how weak you look in a hospital bed with all of these wires sticking out of you."

"I just- I feel sorry for you." Chanhee sighs and with Haknyeon's own hand, he patted the boy's cheek comfortingly. "You don't have to be. It was my fault I pushed myself too hard." Just then, Changmin came back with a doctor.

"You just overexerted your heart but you seem fine now. I do suggest though to not dance with high energy." The pout that Chanhee gave the doctor told him that that was not the news he wished to hear. "I am not saying you shouldn't promote."

That gave him hope. "I'm just suggesting that you don't overdo your dancing until we are sure the heart will not go against your system. Perhaps you could just sit on the side while promoting or only do one music show per week."

With a few more notes, the doctor left the Kpop idols alone. "You should have told us that your heart was acting up. You didn't have to push yourself, you know?" Changmin broke the silence. "You wouldn't yell at me for being behind?"

It was supposed to be a joke but the dancer took it to heart. "Hey," Chanhee sighs. "It's fine. I'm good now... But can't say the same for the comeback." "We can just do what the doctor said. It is a good plan." Haknyeon pipes up.

"You have a point." Chanhee sighs. "When can I leave? The doctor said I'm fine." "Manager-nim was called and he just has to fill up some papers," Changmin answered the boy. "We're going to watch over you from now on. All of us."

A/N: The next few chapters are going to be Chanhee x (random member/s) moments.. The chapters get progressively longer if I do say so myself 🤪