Part 2

Lauren's pov

I wake up from my alarm and groan, I go take a shower and get dressed, I go downstairs and make some toast for breakfast. I double check I've got everything before grabbing my car keys and driving to my new job.

I got a new job as a teacher at a high school, I was pretty nervous but my best friend Normani works there so that's cool.

I walk into the school and try figuring out where everything was, as I was I saw Normani.

"Lauren!" She hugs me

"Hey mani" I say, we talk as she walks to my classroom

"I have 7 months left on my count down, what about you?" She asked

"8 months" I say, she smiles

"You nervous? I am" Normani said, I smile shaking my head

"No, more excited" I say, she nods sitting on a chair as I unpack and get the lesson ready

We talk until the bell goes and she says she'll meet me at lunch and leaves, I sigh and wait for people to walk in and as they do I feel my nerves kick in.

Soon it was finally lunch we sit in the teachers room talking and eating, mani asked me how my day has been and I said it was going well.

"The students are actually pretty respectful, you know other than the odd chatters but they all did their work" I say, she nods.

After lunch I did my last class and started to pack up, Normani came to my room.

"Hey want to go get some coffee?" She asked, I nod

"Yeh, let's go" I say, we go to my car and I drive us to a near by coffee shop.

I got my coffee and as we were walking out someone bumped into me, I hear a ding and look up.

Timer
0 years 0 months 0 days 0 minutes 0 seconds

What?

"I'm so sorry" the girl said but I saw that she had a shocked face too

"Yeh, it's fine" I say, she looks at her parents who were apologising and telling the girl off

"How old are you?" I whisper a little worried

"18" she mumbled

"Jesus Christ" I whisper

"Please don't tell them" she said, I frown

"Why?" I ask

"They want a boy...who's my age" she said then was pulled up by her dad, I look at him and he hands me money.

"Please take it, for the coffee and the ruined clothes, Karla watch where you walk!" He yells at her, I look at the money.

"It's fine, seriously I shouldn't be drinking coffee anyway" I say, Normani looks at me as I stared at the girl and I think she knew.

"I'm sorry" the girl said, I nod

"It's fine" I say, she smiles softly as she was pulled away

"Lauren" Normani said, I look at her

"Was that?" She asked, I nod

"She's only 18 Normani" I say, she cussed

"I mean...I knew she was going to be younger because I was born with a timer but...now it's just, 18 mani" I say, she nods.

"I mean, you've met her so your timer?" She asked, I look up

"Gone" I say, she nods

"What if I never see her again?" I ask walking to my car mani following

"I don't know Lauren, I don't know" she said, I sigh and put my head on the steering wheel I feel mani rub my back.

"I mean at least she's of age" mani said, I look at her

"Barely" I say, she nods

"There's no rules that say you have to date her now" mani said, I nod

"True" I whisper

"There's no rule that says I'll ever see her again either, it just tells us when we will meet not if they will stay" I say, mani nods.

"True" she whisper, i sigh and start the car driving Normani home

I was now changed for bed and still thinking of my soulmate, 18! Fucking 18! I knew this was going to happen I knew she was going to be younger than me, it's all just clicking now though my soulmate is a fucking child. Okay maybe not a child but, she's young she's a she! I mean I am attracted to woman as well as men but still. I lay on my bed and whine into my pillows.

Why me?

I sigh and try to fall asleep.