Chapter 8

John stripped himself down to his boxers and joined the pool. He actually wanted to talk to Lucia.

Rob spotted Yolanda walking out of the house. He stands up with joy on his face, walking to the house to talk to Phil. "Hey again," Rob stopped. "Hey."

"I didn't catch your name, last time," Rob smouldered. "That's because I don't go around throwing it," she said, politely.
"Ha, uhm, I'm Rob Bruise."

"You just said your surname."

"Yes, I'm introducing myself."

"I see that, but we're not in a business meeting or a job interview."

"Wow. Okay, I'm Rob, then."

"Is this your first time?"

"First time, what?"

"Talking to a girl?"

"Ha! Of-oh-of course not."

"Later Rob Bruise."

"No. Call me Rob."

"No. Actually, Mr. Bruise."

Yolanda walked away from Rob. "What a bitch," Rob whispered. It pissed him off that another girl noticed that he wasn't used to flirting with girls face-to-face. It also blotted his pride.

He continued his way to Phil. "Bro, you nailed that beautiful girl out there," he said as he was walking toward him. Phil was seating on the couch on the living room having a glass of Vodka. He was drunk and sad.

"Let's go outside," Rob said as he attempted to pick him up. John 2 entered the house and praised Phil also. He assisted in picking Phil up from the couch who was resisting, until he gave in. They convinced him to go outside and they succeeded. Phil took off his clothes first and they went out.

He saw Yolanda sitting alone by the pool as he paused when their eyes met from a distance. John and Rob stopped, too. Passing glances at both Yolanda and Phil, until Phil continued to walk. He took some meat to his mouth before he took the pool.

Everyone then followed. "Yolanda, are you okay?" Taylor asked as she walked toward Yolanda with her body soakingly wet. "Yolanda?" She poked her. Yolanda flinched with a gasp as if she had snapped out of a recurring dream or thoughts. "Yeah. Hey... sorry. I didn't see you."

"Are you okay, Yolanda?"

"Yeah, sure."

"You were not here for a while and so wasn't Phil. Were you with him?"

"Maybe?"

"Oh no, Yolanda."

"Phil is a good guy, and all you wanted was to have casual sex with someone. What if he falls for you?"

"I didn't say I wanted to have casual sex. I said I wanted a casual thing, that's all."

"Well, 'thing' is a euphemism."

"Taylor, I'm fine. Go back to swim."

"You like him, don't you?"

That was when Yolanda paused and found herself speechless in Taylor's eyes. "No, no I don't."

"I believe you," Taylor said, sarcastically. "Leave me be, please." Taylor stood up, " Let me grab some meat for you, before you die of falling for Phil," Taylor said as Yolanda laughed softly and picked a little stone, Taylor ran when Yolanda threw it at her. She then blushed alone.

Phil, Rob and other boys were splashing themselves with water. Except for John who had his focus somewhere else. He kept shifting toward Lucia and moving back, like a child running away from a parent after they've done something wrong.

John 2 noticed John's behaviour, he swum toward Lucia and other girls, paddling along his way. He went straight to Lucia, which kind of caused John to give him a glare and got out of the pool. "I am going to kill John," he said, with a husky tone.

He went to the house and grabbed a beer at the fridge, leaving the one in the cooler box outside. He walked back to the fridge and took another one. As he walked out, he found Lucia walking toward him.

"Hey, John," she said. "You called for me?" John paused and stuttered, "yeah, sure." He quickly collected himself. "I actually grabbed this beer for you."

John started flirting, and Lucia flirted back. It was very much easier than he had ever imagined. Though, he found it hard to take his eyes off her body that was in a swimming pool costume. He then offered her a towel.

John walked to the spare room he was sleeping in to grab it, and Lucia willingly followed him behind. He finally acquired his target.