Chapter 11

One week after the swimming pool party, Phil had been a one sloth and a one miserable son of a woman. His parents never knew why. Rob and John never told them.

So they decided to make him happy a little bit by taking him and his two best friends to the beach.

Meanwhile, Yolanda was with her parents and Taylor. They had already packed for the beach, they were waiting for Bella and Kelly to arrive so they'd go.

Yolanda was the same as Phil. Though, she started out her week well. She admired the fun she had with Phil, until two days later when she started to miss him.

Mr. Cole and Mrs. Cole took the boys to the beach. Along the way there, John and Rob did try to cheer him up but they failed. Phil knew that he didn't want anyone else, he only wanted Yolanda.

"I will never see her again," he said. "Phil, let it go, man." John said. "I've been telling you for weeks now."

"Uhm, John, it's only been a week," Rob said. By the way, Mr. Cole was driving a van, so the boys were alone in the back.

"Phil, listen to me, and don't listen to him. Look buddy, if she's the one-- fate will bring you two together. If you will keep wanting to find her, you'll be heartbroken even more in the end," Rob said. "Thanks man."

Meanwhile, Yolanda's father was already on the road and he was also driving a fan with his wife on the passenger's seat and the girls at the back. "Yolanda, if you miss him this much, why don't you want to go and tell him?" Kelly asked.

"Because I will look like a slut. Phil is a good guy." Bella patted her shoulder, "girl, if he's the one, he won't do you like that. If he is not, yeah he will. Before you go to him, make sure you think he's the one."

"Who said I will go?"

"Okay, then, fate will bring you two together."

Yolanda shrugged. "I want to see him again, you know."

"Yeah, we know," all together Bella, Kelly and Taylor said.

Mr. Cole had arrived at the beach, he had parked his van and they all got off it. "Let's go to the store first. Don't take anything out yet."

As soon as they all got into the store, Yolanda's father parked his van beside Mr. Cole's van. What a coincidence it was!

They all got off the van also, Taylor stared at Mr. Cole's van trying to remember if she recognised it from somewhere. "What's wrong?" Yolanda asked as she placed her hand on her cousin's shoulder. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Ah... that air," Kelly sniffled raising her hands high in the air. "It's just salt, Kelly," Bella said.

"Okay girls, we're here." Yolanda's mother said. They took bags in the van and after, they went to the hot sand.

Soon after that, Mr. Cole and Mrs. Cole got out of the store leaving the boys behind. Mr. Cole's father did see Yolanda's parents but he didn't know who they were. He even saw the girls. "Isn't that Taylor?" He asked his wife.
"Where?" She asked as she looked around.

"Nevermind, they went past that corner."
Phil, Rob and John got out of the store with plastics and they all went to the beach.

Yolanda's parents and her friends took the right direction, Phil's parents and his friends took the left direction. Phil's mom saw that in that area there were people everywhere. "Let's go the other way, this area is full," she insisted. "No, let's carry on," Phil's dad said.

"Let's go mom, it's hot. We can't turn back now," Phil said. "Okay, let's listen to your mother."

"Ah... dad," Phil said faintly. "Come on man," Rob said.

So they took the right direction.

"Phil's father, I knew I recognized that van somewhere," Taylor said as Yolanda shivered on hearing Phil's name. She didn't hesitate to run as soon as she spotted Phil.

"Yolanda!"

"Where are you going?"
Her parents called. "Where is your cousin going?" Yolanda's father asked as he looked at Taylor who shrugged her shoulders with a shy smile because she knew where Yolanda was going.

"Phil, is that...?" John said as he poked Phil. "Who?" Phil looked when Rob pointed at Yolanda running on the hot sand barefoot toward them. He immediately dropped his bag and ran toward her also. "What the... Phil!" His father called. "Let him catch his girl Mr. Cole, let him catch his girl?"

"What?"

"Come on, baby, don't tell me you didn't suspect that our boy was down all this week because of a girl."

Phil and Yolanda hugged each other as soon as they collided and they passionately kissed each other as fate brought them together again. "Don't walk out on me again," Yolanda said. "I will never in my life." They held hands and ran toward the waves together.