Chapter 10

The dusk had settled, but it wasn't fully dark yet. Only John 2 had gone home early because of a silly curfew that his father had set. Besides that, he lied about going to a party, I am pretty sure that he got into trouble because he was drunk.

The party eventually ended up inside, everyone had changed into their clothes. An upbeat dance music was playing in the background.

People were kind of in uneven groups: Phil was with Yolanda; Taylor was with Kelly and Bella; Samantha was with Sassie and Lucia; Rob was with John and other three boys. John 2 was out of the equation.

"Man, look how cute they are," Bella said with her eyes locked on Phil and Yolanda. Yolanda was sitting on Phil's lap on a single couch.

"Yeah, but she denied having feelings for him," Taylor said as she sipped on her beer.

"I think everyone in the pool noticed how she was glaring at Samantha when she was swimming with Phil," Kelly said. "I even got out of the pool to check on her," she added.

"You mean to ask her to take pictures of you?" Bella said. "No. To check on her," Kelly responded. "Kelly, don't worry. I saw that," Taylor said.

Meanwhile, on the other group. Samantha, Lucia and Sassie were standing by the front door. "Aww, look how cu--" Sassie said. "Don't you there finish that sentence," Samantha scolded Sassie with a whisper. "What are you whispering for?" Lucia asked. "Nothing."

"Oh, she has feelings for Phil," Sassie said. "What?" Samantha roared softly. Lucia laughed, "what?". "Lucia, don't listen to her.".

"No, seems like I should, out with it Sass," Lucia insisted. Samantha hit Sassie with an intense glare. "Sam, as your friend, I'm telling you to stop being jealous of them. They look happy," Sassie said. "Are these feelings or obsession?" Lucia asked. "Urgh! I will eat you two alive," Samantha said with a  husky voice.
"Well, since they took your dinner. I'm going to grab mine before it's too late," Lucia said as she walked away.

Lucia walked straight to John and yanked him by his shirt. They went to the spare room. The boys chanted, Phil didn't even notice because he was busy having the best time of his life carrying Yolanda on his lap.

"What a bitch," Kelly said with a grimace. "You and Lucia should stop this fued or whatever you two are having," Bella said.
"Oh, I know what happened."

"No. Taylor, no. You are drunk. Don't talk when you are drunk," Kelly said. Bella covered Kelly's mouth, "talk."

"They once had sex and Kelly ignored her after that," Taylor said. "What?" Bella said loudly as she let go of Kelly. "I was afraid she was going to reject me so I rejected her first," Kelly said, in her defence.

"Duh, you do that most of the time. But when did you become lesbian and how did Taylor know?"

"Well, she caught us."

"Taylor, you little rascal."

"Guys, it was an accident," Taylor laughed. "Actually Taylor, thank you. She had to hear it from someone else."

Meanwhile, Sassie and Samantha laughed surprisingly at what Lucia did. "You're laughing again, come here," Sassie said as she hugged Samantha.

"I'm sorry for scolding at you earlier," Samantha said. "Don't worry about it my love, I understand."

"Let's go to Kelly and her crew," Sassie said. "Sass, would Lucia approve?".

"Don't worry about Lucia. Let's go."

"Hey guys," Sassie greeted with a bright smile. "Sassie. Hey."

"Hey," Samantha said with a half-hearted smile. "Kelly, can I talk to you, privately?"

They went to the kitchen.

"Kelly, you really hurt Lucia's feelings and I saw how you looked at her when she went to the bedroom with John. So I figured you love her, too. So plea--"

"What do you mean, 'love her, too."

"I mean she loves you.

"She does?"

"Yeah. Go and get her before she sleeps with someone she doesn't love."

"Sassie, thank you," Kelly said as she quickly grabbed Sassie and kissed her. Sassie gasped with her eyes wide as Kelly ran out of the kitchen to the spare room. "What's wrong?" Bella asked. "Shut up!" Kelly said as she continued.

She opened the door harshly and stopped hyperventilating a little bit on the door step. "Lucia," she said, trying to catch some breath. She said as she walked toward her and pushed John away and he fell to the floor.

John and Lucia were kissing, with John on top of her. "This is my woman, John."

"Ouch! Are you drunk?" John said. "Your woman? Sorry she didn't tell me."

"Kelly, what are you doing here?"

"Wait, let me leave," John said as he picked himself up and left the bedroom.

"I'm here to get you, I'm sorry for ignoring you and ghosting you."

"Really?"

"Yes. I mean it, please forgive me."

"No. You will do it again."

"I won't, I swear. Please, I'm desperate here."

"Well, I'm desperate, too."

"Is that a yes?"

"Yes. I love you, Kelly."

"Baby, I love you, too."

"Ncaa!" Suddenly, there was an audience at the door step. It consisted of John, Phil, Yolanda, Bella, Taylor, Sassie and Samantha. John had called them. Well, Rob wasn't there.

"Aww, they look so cute," Sassie said. She turned her head to Samantha after saying that. "Yeah, these ones do," Samantha said with a chuckle.

"You guys, get out of here," Kelly said shyly.
"It finally makes sense why she didn't want to have sex with me earlier," John said. Everyone looked at him. "Did I say that out loud?"

Meanwhile, Rob and other boys didn't even notice that they were left alone in the living room with the music until everyone came back. They were laughing and some talking.

Oh, not everyone. Phil and Yolanda were left behind, Phil had held her hand. "Phil, I'm going to leave now," she said. "You seem like you want to say something to me since you stopped me. What do you want to tell me?"

"No, nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"I got an idea."

"You always have ideas."

"Come on. Since we'll never see each other again how abou--"

"Wait, what?"

"Wait, let me finish. Since we'll never see each other again, how about we kiss and never see each other again."

Phil's face dropped, his eyes wandering, his heart racing and his voice drowning. Yolanda grabbed him and nuzzled her lips on his. Phil stopped her, but ended up living in the moment when they made eye contact.

"I-I can't do this. It will hurt seeing you walking away, because I'll never see you again."

Phil turned his back on Yolanda and walked to his bedroom. Leaving Yolanda behind.

"I should've kissed her but I can't. But instead I wanted to know if what we had was real or not."

Minutes later, Phil got out of the bedroom, "at least tell me your name," he said but found Yolanda gone. He walked to the living room and saw that all the girls were gone. Only guys were left.