Chapter 1

The golden City of Shri Krishna shined more, as slanting sunrays spread over it. The cold twilight breeze brought smiles along with it, spreading happiness all over the Vaikuntha on earth. The majestic palace of 16,108 queens, towers reaching the sky, serenity dwelling in each house, surrounded by water and thin forest stood, proud of the name it's king had gave it, Dwaravati or Dwarka as the people of Aryavarta called it. It was always said that no evil mind can survive in Dwarka, how would it be possible! When the lord of three worlds, along with his consort in her eight forms and Anant Shesha with Ksheer Sagar dwells in the kingdom.

Amidst the thin forest surrounding the palace, an old lean woman was walking, holding a stick to support herself and a small pouch in another. Her scared eyes were constantly looking back, making sure that no one was following her. She walked a couple of steps further, when a sword was placed on her neck. "Leave me please leave me, let me go to meet my son" the old lady trembling in fear said, joining her hands. "Give that gold coins to us and you can leave" a dark skinned, tall, fat man along with his two friends smirked. "You all... You all are robbers! Don't harm me please. Don't take my coins" the old lady requested.

The robbers snatched the pouch of gold coins from the lady's hands and laughed loudly. "Please give my money back, my grandson is ill " the lady requested again joining her hands. "Shut up old lady" one of the robbers pushed her, she was about to fall but a pair of arms held her. There stood a young woman, draped in violet dhoti drape saree, a scarf covering her hair and her face.

A sword was held at her waistband, her eyes shone in courage

A sword was held at her waistband, her eyes shone in courage. "Give her the gold coins back" her voice held immense determination and authority, "You would tell and we would listen, seriously" three of them erupted in loud laughter. "I warn you, give her the gold coins back! Otherwise I won't spare you" she warned then glaring at all three of them, her palm gripping her sword.

The robbers instead tried to push her, before they could react, her sword had already made a deep wound on their wrists. The lady tried to calm her trembling palms by gripping the sword more firmly, it was going to be a three versus one duel now and she was inexperienced. One of the goon made a wound on her arm, she kicked him in stomach, making him fall on the ground. Another goon was about to slice her throat but another sword stopped him from doing so. "Are you okay, lakshmani?" The man who had saved her life asked, the lady, who was now recognised as Yadavkul vadhu Lakshmana, nodded her head in a yes and stepped behind.

"Look here came another one! Say what's your name?" One of the goon asked smirking, "Krishna putra Sambh!" The man who was dressed as a commoner replied, slicing the throat of the goon who had dared to touch his lakshmana. A fight began between them, two versus one, lakshmana watched Sambh defeating the goons easily, like a tiger defeating deers. She squeezed her eyes shut as she saw blood flowing from their bodies, she felt her breath rise and head spin at the sight. She had been feeling the same, at the sight of blood since past two months, two months since the kurukshetra war, two months since she had lost her natal family!

"Calm lakshi calm! " Sambh shook her shoulders, bringing her back to her senses. Sambh had killed the remaining two goons, they turned towards the old woman they had rescued, "Maaji, you may go now and if you need anything the gates of palace are open for you" Lakshmana said with a faint smile. "Let's go home" Sambh slipped his fingers into her's, Lakshmana snapped her head towards him in amusement. She forced a faint smile on her face and nodded in a yes, he pulled her along with him till the place where their horses were tied.

"Listen" she called him, "Please don't tell matashree about this incident, she would worry" . Sambh turned facing her, "Then why do you wander like this alone in the forest? Mata had sent you to roam only on the condition that we would be together and you would not roam alone" he said, his eyebrows knotted and eyes expressing concern. "Because I love to be alone these days, being with lot of people around me scares me. I... I hate people... I hate getting too attached to people. I love to be in solitude" she replied teary eyed. " But lakshi, what if I would have arrived a little late, that goon would have...." He turned his face, hiding his tears, if he would have been a little late, that goon would have sliced her throat. "Anyways, let's go. Mata would be waiting" he said jumping on his horse and she followed.
************************************
Lakshmaa was lighting diyas in her chamber as it was almost evening, her serene eyes shining more in the golden light.

 ************************************Lakshmaa was lighting diyas in her chamber as it was almost evening, her serene eyes shining more in the golden light

A strong wind blew and the jyotis trembled, lakshmana kept the diya in her hand aside and hurried to close the curtains. But before she could draw them, a pair of hands had already reached there. She turned her gaze sideways to see Sambh drawing the curtains, he too looked at her and passed a faint smile.

Their gazes stayed on each other for a brief moment unti they heard a knock on the door

They turned to see Chandrika, Sambh's younger brother Purujit's wife standing at the door. "Yes Chandrika, say" lakshmana said. "Didi dinner is ready, Matashree had asked me to call you both" Chandrika replied. Both Sambh and Lakshmana realised that they were late for the dinner, "We are coming" Sambh replied and Chandrika went. They exchanged smiles and hurried towards the dinning room.
************************************
"Mata, when is Pitashree going to come, it's been two months since he is in hastinapur!" Shatajit complained. "He has work there Shata. He would come as soon as everything is settled in hastinapur" Sambh replied tearing a piece of chapati. "And after he comes, we would think of your wedding" Chitraketu teased, "Mata! See na, I have told you all that I don't want to get married" Shatajit said with a pout. "But there is nothing wrong in getting married and settled Shata" Sambh said like an elder brother. "Jyeshth, you are saying this because you are married to third most beautiful woman in the world" Shatajit replied.

"Means? Third most beautiful?" Sambh asked, "Most beautiful is our mata, then Rukku maa, then our badi bhabhi and then Chandrika bhabhi" Chitraketu replied, making lakshmana and Chandrika nod their head affectionately. "Concentrate on your food kids, then gossip and tease" Jambvati said gaining everyone's attention. Everyone then started eating with lowered gazes and suppressed smiles.
************************************
Honest apologies for making you all wait for so long!
Do tell honestly what you'll think about the first chapter and what all you want to read.
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me ❤️.