Chapter 4

Lakshmana rested her head on the headboard of her bed and gazed at the twinkling stars. Suthanu and Bhanu's wedding was in a week and preperations were going in full swing. Ashtamahishis had shifted to Dwarka from bet Dwarka and the bride's family i.e Pandavas and pandavpatnis had shifted to bet Dwarka. Mayavati, Pradyumna, Chandrika, Lakshmana, Sambh along with Balram, Revti and their children had stayed back at bet Dwarka to help the bride's family and also lakshmana didn't want to miss her sister's wedding. Lakshmana leaned on the swing in balcony, smiling as mild breeze hit her.

From a distance she saw Suthanu and Bhanu in the garden in front of Satyabhama's palace, maybe they had sneaked out. Lakshmana nodded fondly and shifted her gaze towards Rukmini's palace. She was tired from day's work and needed sleep, but sleep won't engulf her until Sambh played bansuri. But he was there, along with Pradyumna in front of Rukmini's palace, checking as some bullock carts loaded with grains were unloading. "How much more time would he take!" She exclaimed and smiled to herself. As if hearing her thoughts, he turned towards her, waving at her. Crimson crept lakshmana's cheeks and she shyly waved back. He gestured that he would be back in some time and she nodded in a yes, a small smile on her face.

She ran inside the chamber, as she saw Pradyumna looking at them and laughing. Sitting on the bed, she opened a letter from Vrishketu, she received earlier that evening.

Pranipat jiji,
I hope you are doing fine. How is jijashree, Dwarkadhishwaris, kakashree krishna? Me, mata, Aditya are also doing well, just we are missing you. Today itself we received the invitation of Suthanu jiji and bhrata Bhanu's wedding. Mata wants me to attend the wedding as she has to take care of the kingdom, single-handedly as well as Aditya. But honestly jiji, I don't want to attend the wedding. Jiji, Pandavas are the ones who had killed our family, why should I attend their daughter's wedding? I am not saying they are completely evil, but our family is dead because of them. Mata tells me that they are our relatives and we should accept them as our own. Pandava Arjun tries to talk with me more often, he acts as if he really cares for me, but jiji he is the one who had killed my Shon kaka, Sudama bhaiya, vrish bhaiya, my father!

I don't want to trouble you more jiji, but please write a letter to mata and explain her that I won't accept them as our relatives. Take care of yourself and jijashree, give my greetings to Dwarkadhishwaris, kakashree krishna and kakashree Balram.
Your Vrishketu

Lakshmana heaved a sigh and kept the letter aside, the war has tainted Ketu's heart with hatred. He was just thirteen years old and had suffered so much already. In the age, where he should be carefree and should not care about the world, destiny had showed the cruel side of the world. Lakshmana longed to caress his cheeks and console him. She blinked away sleep and sat on her table to write a reply to Vrishketu.

Dear Ketu,
Greetings to Supriya maa and lots of love to you and Aditya. We all are fine here, hope you all are doing well too. Remember Ketu, you are the sole support of Supriya maa there as we all are away. Well, I long to caress your cheek and hold Aditya in my arms.

Coming to the point, remember what Arya told you, 'No one is evil, situations are wrong' , don't fill your heart with hatred towards Pandav kakashrees. They are your blood. And ketu, Suthanu is your sister, just like me. She had recently lost her brothers, don't you think you as a brother should be present at her wedding? And yes, we should not let issues between elders affect our relationships.

Take care of yourselves as well as maa, I want you to be here for the wedding, no excuses. Lots of love to you.
Your jiji

Lakshmana's eyes started to droop after she completed writing the letter. Rolling the letter any tying it with a thin thread, she layed her head on the table and soon succumbed to sleep.
************************************
The family of Indraprastha and dwarka, who had stayed back at bet Dwarka were having breakfast together, along with some discussions regarding wedding preparations, amidst this lakshmana and Suthanu were engaged in sister's talks. "I saw you both yesterday night" lakshmana murmured, Suthanu scrunched her eyes and bit her lips to avoid blushing. "You won't tell Mata or Pitashree, right?" Suthanu murmured back, making puppy face. "Um.. let me think" lakshmana replied and the girls giggled.

"...mana... lakshmana" Uttara who was sitting besides then shook her and lakshmana looked around startled. "Devi matashree was calling you" she said, lakshmana apologised. "Lakshmana are the groom's robes and jwellery ready? You willingly took that responsibility na" Devika asked with a small smile. "No maharani, they are going to be ready by today afternoon. If there is something urgent I may get them ready early" lakshmana replied. "No..no putri. It's okay, Satya, Rukku bhabhi and Sakha are coming today with Thanu's jwellery and robes, so if the clothes are ready, we would also go today" Draupadi replied with a genuine smile and lakshmana nodded.

"So, how are you feeling Suthanu? You are going to be Dwarka's kulvadhu soon" Revati asked. Suthanu blushed again, "Badi mamishree, I have spent so many years here, so it's... It's nothing.... special" Suthanu replied, though her flushed cheeks said something else. "Thanu! Not Badi mami, call her Taishree" Subhadra intervened. "Really Thani, there isn't anything special? Then what were you blabbering yesterday? That before you were like a daughter of Dwarka and now you are going to be kulvadhu, so you are very very nervous" lakshmana raised her eyebrow as other broke into laughter.

Lakshmana frowned and looked at lakshmana with puppy face, "You were not supposed to say this, it was sister's thing" she said fluttering her eyelashes. "Stop doing that Thanu jiji! Sorry but you look like a cat" Uttara said with light chuckle. "Meow meow" Suthanu said fluttering her eyelashes more. All elders exchanged glances, these girls were smiling and laughing after a long time!
************************************
*Holds my ears* Really sorry for being super late. Personal and academic stuff is keeping me busy these days.
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me ❤️.