Chapter 3

A wide smile spread on Lakshmana 's lips as she came out after a bath and shringar. Rukmini, Satyabhama, Jambvati and Mitravinda had surrounded Uttara. Rukmini was rocking her head lovingly, Jambvati was feeding her methi laddoo and Mitravinda was helping her. Lakshmana smiled seeing her best friend get all the love she deserves, but the expressions on Uttara's face told that she was not enjoying the bitter taste of laddoos. "Maharani is it compulsory to eat them?" She asked innocently. "Yes" Jambvati fed her another one and she gulped it down, trying hard not to make faces.

"Then give some to Mani and Thanu jiji too na" Uttara said, smirking. Lakshmana and Suthanu exchanged glances and quickly stood besides each other. "They aren't pregnant. When they would be, we would feed them too, you don't worry" Satyabhama replied smiling. "Can't we imagine they are pregnant and give them some?" Uttara asked innocently and all the ladies giggled. "Hey narayan, don't say such things bhabhi. Mera toh abtak vivah bhi nahi hua hai" Suthanu said partly hiding behind Lakshmana. "But you are getting married after a week na!" Uttara replied.

"Shsssh! Eat them fast, we have to attend Aarti also after this" Lakshmana said like a sister. "Don't scold me, you are younger than me" Uttara said blinking, "No putri. By age or by being Abhimanyu 's sister, she is younger to you. But by being Sambh's wife, she is elder to you, as Sambh was elder to Abhi" Satyabhama replied. The smiles on their faces vanished by the mention of Abhimanyu. "Understood now, eat them fast" Lakshmana said forcing a smile on her face to lighten the atmosphere, Uttara too forced a smile on her face and took a bite of the laddoo.
************************************
Everyone had gathered in the Pooja room of Jambvati's chamber for evening aarti. Krishna and Jambvati together did the aarti of mata Gauri's idol, while Mayavati, Pradyumna's wife sang Ashtamahishi's favourite aarti. It seemed that purity and splendor of the aarti had increased as Dwarkadhish and Balram had returned to Dwarka after whole three months. "Matashree, I always observe, whenever this aarti is being sung, all eight of you have a certain glow and smile on your faces, we want to know the reason behind it" Chandrika asked.

Ashtamahishi and their swami exchanged glances along with nostalgic smiles. "Chandra,this aarti was sung by Sita maharani for Gauri mata, asking for her blessings as she wished to marry Shree Ram, her swami" Kalindi spoke, glancing at shree krishna with tender eyes. "This aarti reminds us of their divine story, their dedication and mutual trust, their pain and their will and determination to stay by each other throughout this pain" Nagnajiti completed. Everyone present blinked back the tears, that filled their eyes with smiles. "Okay, I am sorry for making everyone emotional" Chandrika said to lighten the atmosphere and giggles echoed in the room.

Lakshmana took the aarti thali and passed it to everyone to take blessings. At the end she stopped in front of Sambh and gestured him to take blessings. He kept his palms over the fire and then on her head blessing her first and then over his own. It was just a small gesture and went unnoticed by others, but lakshmana understood that how he prioritised her before himself and a genuine smile appeared on her face. Seeing her smile serenely, he too smiled, their eyes locked.

Their eye lock broke when Bhanu tapped on his shoulder, "Lost huh?" He asked teasing. Lakshmana averted his gaze and went back with the aarti thali, standing besides Suthanu and Mayavati . "Come, Pitashree wants to talk to us regarding something important" Bhanu pulled Sambh along with him. Before exiting the chamber, Bhanu stopped midway and winked at Suthanu, who was staring at him, making her blush. Following his elder brother, Sambh too winked looking at lakshmana, making her cheeks turn crimson. No one but Satyabhama and Jambvati noticed this childish act of their grown up sons and giggled at how they both resembled their father.
************************************
Lakshmana sat near the window of her room, gazing at the sea waves, they moved so much in sync. Her reverie broke, when a dasi announced the presence of Krishna and Balram. Lakshmana grinned and touched their feet, making them sit on a couch she ordered Bhargavi to get rose sharbat for them. "I am so fortunate that you both yourself came here" she spoke. "You are speaking as if we all don't live under the same roof" Balram said with raised eyebrows. "But you both returned after three whole months! It feels like the purity and positivity of Dwarka has increased" she replied with a smile that didn't reach her ears,like always.

The brothers exchanged glances and forced smiles, they noticed how lean she had became and dark circles had made their way beneath her eyes. Her faded smile, showed that she was not the old bubbly and cheerful princess. "It seems that you have imbibed some wisdom in Sambh, he had became mature, understands his responsibility and is also helping us in administration" krishna said. "It's nothing like that Pitashree, just he understood his responsibilities in your absence" lakshmana replied with a small smile.

"And with his increasing maturity, your smile is decreasing putri" Krishna said his gaze fixed on her. Lakshmana forced a smile on her face and nodded in a no, "It's nothi-" but she was cut was Balram. "We understand putri" his eyes filled with fatherly affection towards her. "We understand that losing your whole maternal clan is not easy. We understand that you are going through a lot, alone" . Hot tears pricked lakshmana's eyes and her breath hitched, she clutched her lehanga tightly to calm herself. Krishna affectionately placed his palm on her head, for a moment she felt like all her pain had vanished. She slowly gazed at him, tears rolling down her eyes. Krishna lovingly rocked her head, "Sukh Dukh dono jeevan sathi putri. We can't escape them. Whatever happened was part of Niyati and you should accept it. You should let go of the past and look towards your future. You think your father, your brothers, anyone of them would want you to cut ties with everyone and remain always sad?" Lakshmana wiped her tears and nodded in a no.

"Pitashree, I am an orphan. I killed my mother, my father and my brothers too" lakshmana cried holding her head in her hands. "Stop saying such things Lakshmana! You are our putravadhu, our putri!" Balram placed his palm on her shoulder. "And stop blaming yourselves for your false beliefs. You have the right to stay happy putri, always! Everyone in this palace loves you" krishna scold her like a father. Lakshmana lowered her gaze and nodded in a yes, "Now promise me that you would look positively towards your future, you would stay positive and happy" Krishna extended his palm. Lakshmana smiled and kept her palm on his, promising him that she would stay positive.

"And remember, Suyodhan was like my younger brother to me, tum meri putri ho, you are my daughter" Balram said rocking her head lovingly.
************************************
Hey, mu lovely readers, the next chapter is here!
Nothing else than your honest reviews would inspire me to write more, please leave your 'honest' reviews.
The aarti about which Chandrika was speaking is mentioned in media.
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me ❤️.