Chapter 6

"Diji, I heard that you are going tomorrow to Dwarka with the groom's clothes and jwellery along with mata and pita" Suthanu said in over sweet voice and lakshmana knotted her eyebrows. "You know na, you are the best sister and how much I love you" she continued fidgeting with the end of her dupatta. "Don't beat behind the bush, say clearly whatever you want to. And yes, I am not going tomorrow with Samrat and Samragni. Maharani Devika, Yuvarani Valandhara and .... Yuvraj bheem are going along with them" lakshmana answered and Suthanu's face fell.

"Drame queen, would you now say, why were you buttering me?" Lakshmana asked and Suthanu giggled. "Diji actually na! I wanted to give this letter to Rajkumar Bhanu.... No... Arya.....isshhh" Suthanu blushed while blabering and Lakshmana smiled slightly, pulling the letter from her hands and raised it above her head
"Diji please... Please give it back to me na please diji please" Suthanu jumped to get back the letter. "Okay okay, you want me to give this letter to bhrata Bhanu na? I would give, happy now?" Lakshmana asked and Suthanu hugged her. "Diji you are the best sister. Thank you so much. I love you so so so much" Suthanu blabbered and ran away from there.

Hey Shankara! Who would say that she is getting married in couple of days, lakshmana muttered under her breath smiling fondly. "Really! Who would say she is married " Devika's voice startled her. Lakshmana smiled slightly and nodded positively, "Well, you go check on your clothes you are going to wear for haldi and wedding ceremony. You shouldn't miss on anything, it's our only daughter's wedding, go check putri" lakshmana nodded and hurried back to her chamber.
************************************
As lakshmana neared her chamber, she saw Bhargavi scolding some dasis, her usual habit. "Let me go Bhargavi, don't scold them" lakshmana said looking at Bhargavi and entered her chamber, "Rajkumari waittt" Bhargavi said but she was late. Broken glass pierced lakshmana's tender soft feet and blood oozed out.

A shriek left her mouth and took a step back. Her other foot was about to get pierced by the broken glass, but she was pulled by her shoulders and landed on a hard chest. She recognised her saviour as the musk and jasmine fragrance hit her senses. Her heartbeats became uneven when he scooped her in his arms and made her sit on a couch. She shut her eyes tightly and fisted her palms, butterflies were having a party in her stomach. 

Sambh bent at her feet and held the injured foot in his palms. Lakshmana gasped and pulled her foot back, "Arya, what are you doing! You are not supposed to touch my feet, please" she pleaded. But, Sambh being Sambh held her foot again and wiped the blood with a cloth, brought by Bhargavi, "I am not supposed to leave my wife injured too" he said diverting her attention and slowly plucking a piece of glass, lakshmana bit her lower lip tightly. "Arya, Bhargavi or someone else would do it, please stop. So many guests are there, what if someone sees it, please" Sambh ignored her and removed the remaining pieces from her foot and asked Bhargavi to apply the herbs and bandage cloth.

"Thank you arya" lakshmana said with a smile and winced in pain the next moment as Bhargavi applied some paste. "Helping damsels in distress is my hobby, I don't take thanks for that" he shrugged and smirked. "Excuse me! I am not damsel in distress or something! I can take care of myself" lakshmana said glaring. "Oohh really? But you were going to injure your other foot too, before I saved you" he smirked more. Lakshmana opened her mouth twice to say something but shut it again and just rolled her eyes at him.

"Well, when are you going to turn your grim face into a smiling one?" He asked. "I think, my foot is injured and it's giving me pain not tickling me, that you expect me to smile and laugh" she answered twitching her mouth and he just nodded negative. Him giving one more proof that he hates me and I am a liability on him, lakshmana said to herself while wiping her tears.

When would she smile like before, showing all her teeth! It's been many months since I heard her heartfelt laughter, which would always make my heart flutter.   Sambh said to himself missing his old lakshmana and looking at her pain stricken face with a sad smile.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers the next part is here.
Do tell me what are you all feeling about the characters as of now.
Hope you all liked reading it, do let me know through your comments, they are much important for me ❤️