The Mouse No One Wants

Third person pov:

Norman woke up in a cold sweat. He sat up and his heart was beating faster than it should have been. He knew he hadn't had a nightmare but he felt that something was off. He looked around the room half expecting to see Satoru crawling in to steal his nonexistent stash of candy. But after a few moments he realized he was alone. He climbed out of bed and walked across the room to turn on the light. As soon as he turned it on he kind of regretted it. The light was harsh compared to the dimness he had been accustomed to just a few moments before. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes before looking around again. Nothing was wrong. At least until he looked at his bed. There was a small space in between the mattress that hadn't been there when he went to sleep. He walked over to his closet to grab a baseball bat when something pushed past him and ran out the room. He felt himself have a mini heart attack as the small creature ran out his dorm room. After standing there in shock for a few moments he finally shook himself out of his daze.

"What the hell?" He said as he stood up and left the room to see where it went. As he walked down the hall he realized Fushiguro's door was open just large enough for the small creature to run in. "Fuck." He whispered and he sighed. "3...2...1." Fushiguro screamed and the creature ran back out of the room. This time Norman was ready and managed to catch it. Now that Norman was able to get a good look at it... it looked like a mouse. But it had three eyes. Fushiguro opened the door all the way to find Norman holding the three eyed mouse.

"Hand it over." He said to Norman. Norman was about to comply but Fushiguro summoned his bird. "Nue will get rid of it." 'This is overkill!" Norman thought silently.

"What if we... didn't kill it?" Norman said. He started vaguely remembering his previous life where he had a similar conversation but with him acting like Fushiguro.

"It's. A. Fucking. Rat." Fushiguro said angrily.

"But it's my rat. I found it first so... finders keepers!" He said and ran to Satoru's room. Fushiguro didn't realize this until Norman ran in and slammed the door in his face. Satoru is actually a pretty light sleeper so he had woken up when Norman had initially gotten scared by the three eyed mouse.

"Ah my sweet younger brother... What the hell do you want?" Satoru asked tiredly.

"Sorry, Satoru. But I found this mouse and-"

"Get hell out of here. I don't want rabies." Norman was only slightly heartbroken but he did as he was told. He got out of his older brother's room only to be jumped by Fushiguro.

"GIVE MY MOUSE BACK!!" Norman shouted at him.

"IT'S A CURSED SPIRIT!!" Fushiguro argued.

"IT'S MY CURSED SPIRIT!!" Norman shouted again and this time they had awoken the beast. Kugisaki came out holding her hammer and had three nails floating around her.

"Who the hell started this?" She asked calmly. Both Fushiguro and Norman pointed fingers at each other and then Norman suddenly realized what he was doing. 'I don't need to point fingers. I don't need to be petty. All I have to do is confuse Kugisaki enough to believe she's still asleep!' He thought to himself.

"Kugisaki, maybe the king and queen of Narnia need the cookie princess to hand over the secret recipe." Norman said and Kugisaki just sighed.

"This is a dream, huh?" Fushiguro looked really confused but didn't say anything. Itadori came out and looked at them weirdly. "Alright I'm done with this." Kugisaki said as she walked back into her room. Fushiguro looked at Norman with a surprised expression. Norman smirked at him as the beast known as Kugisaki Nobara went back into her den.

"How the fuck did that actually work?!" Fushiguro whispered.

"People's minds are easy to mess with when they're still in between being asleep and awake." Norman whispered back at him. Itadori narrowed his eyes on the pair of boys.

"Are you serious? You guys were screaming and acting like little shits just for this?!" Both Fushiguro and Norman whipped their heads at him.

"Sukuna, is that you?" Norman asked.

"What? No! I'm tired and you guys are being weird right now!" Itadori whisper-yelled at them.

"I don't believe you." Fushiguro said. Itadori groaned and slammed his door shut. "Oh... that was Itadori." Both boys stood in silence until the mouse squeaked. "Fuck you." He said to the mouse before he left.

"It's okay. I'll just send you to Ray." Norman said to the mouse. He went back to his room and set it down on his bed. He put his hands together and summoned his dark haired friend.

"Why the hell did you summon me at the butt crack of dawn?!" Ray asked groggily.

"Will you take the mouse?" Norman asked. Ray stared down at it before glaring at Norman.

"No." He said and started to disappear.

"Ray, I'll pay you!" Ray began to become a solid form again.

"Fifteen bottles of milk tea." He said to Norman. Norman could feel himself die inside but he gave in.

"Fine. Please keep the mouse safe." Ray looked at the three eyed mouse and sighed.

"Fine." He said and took the mouse. He disappeared but the mouse stayed. After a couple of moments Ray reappeared. "Kill the fucking mouse and then it can come." Norman narrowed his eyes and picked the little creature up. 

"No!" Ray groaned before glaring at him.

"Then deal with it!" He shouted at him before disappearing. Norman sighed and looked at the mouse then at the door.

"I guess you're not a cursed spirit." From that day forward Norman kept the three eyed mouse as a pet, no matter how disgusted people were.