Chapter II: Proposal

Bleu Luna

"I see why you reserved a table at this time." States Kayle as she watches the sunset. "I know. The view is beautiful." Replies Jerick.

Waiting for the sun to touch the horizon, Jerick stands up suddenly, walks over to Kayle, and kneels down.

"Jerick, what's wrong?" Asks Kayle.

Pulling a small box out of his pocket and opening it, Jerick asks "Kayle Elise Rite, will you marry me?"

Bewildered by Jerick's proposal, Kayle responds with a shaking hand "Yes, Jerick, I will."

Taking the ring and placing it on her ring finger, Jerick says "I love you." With tears spilling down her cheeks, Kayle whispers "I love you too, Jerick."

As Jerick stands, everyone that was sitting nearby breaks out in cheers and congratulations. Embarrassed, Kayle tries to hide but Jerick leans down and kisses Kayle instead. After they finish their dinner, they walk along the beach holding hands. The night air was slightly chilly, considering it was summer. After they finish their stroll on the beach, they head back to their hotel room. Once there, Kayle notices a small parcel sitting on the table in the middle of the room.

Room 129

"Jerick?" Asks Kayle, frozen in place.

Walking from behind her, Jerick asks "What's the matter?"

Pointing at the table, Kayle says "I smelled a wolf earlier today before you showed up."

Looking in the direction Kayle was pointing, Jerick sees the same parcel that was delivered to the house earlier.

With fear gripping him, Jerick says "There was a young teen who dropped something exactly like that off at the house earlier."

Beginning to feel defensive, Kayle asks "What did they look like?"

"About five foot two, button-down shirt and cut-off shorts." Replies Jerick.

Beginning to shake, Kayle says "I need you to get me a sedative, and call Marko and Nora once I'm stable."

Looking at Kayle as her fangs and eyes begin to change, Jerick goes to their belongings, takes a sedative, and injects her with it. As her shaking begins to calm and her fangs begin to recede, her eyes change back to normal, Jerick does as he was told.

"Are you sure it's the same parcel?" Asks Marko through the phone.

"It's the same size and same color as the one from the house. Whatever it is, it sent Kayle into a frenzy." Replies Jerick.

"Did you sedate her?" Asks Marko.

"I did. She's asleep on the bed." Replies Jerick.

With a heavy sigh, Marko asks "Good thing I had her bring those. Whatever you do, do not open that parcel until Nora and I get there, understood?"

"Not a problem. Do you want me to hide it from her view?" Replies Jerick. "No. That sedative will keep her knocked out till morning." States Marko. In the background, Nora says "Marko, let's go."

Before hanging up, Marko says "I'll explain when we get there, but for now, keep an eye out on Kayle."

Early the next day

"Is she still asleep?" Asks Nora.

"Yeah. The room is right over there." Replies Jerick pointing to the door on the far right.

"I'll be in the room with her when she wakes up, Marko's going to explain everything." States Nora as she walks towards the room.

Scared and confused, Jerick asks "Marko?"