Chapter 25

Thanks for the votes & comments yall. I'm glad ppl don't think it sucks here. but pls keep letting me know what you guys think.. I was going to end the story at 30 chapters but I think maybe I should do 40? lmk ❤️ thank you again.

Friday had finally rolled around. Carter had flown to New York for the weekend to meet with a few company investors, so no plans for the couple.

Leilani had finished her work early so she just hung around the office. She cleaned out her desk, disinfected it, and even replaced the batteries to her wireless desktop set up.

Leilani had forgotten about her plans with Sally once Noelle had come into the picture. She had just decided to bring Noelle along. Leilani didn't want to third wheel to begin with. She figured Noelle could be her date and even out everything.

Knowing that she was going to simple pizza place for pepperoni on baked bread and beer, she was going to keep it crazy casual.

Leilani straightened her hair. She put on a grey t-shirt, blue distressed skinny jeans, and a pair of silver gemmed sandals. Her bag was a simple silver metallic crossbody.

She kept her make lite as the summer heat was still in full effect. She kept her look bronze with a pink glossy lip.

Leilani kissed her mother goodbye and headed to her destination where she'd meet up with Sally, Sally's date, and Noelle.

The Uber dropped her at a cute little arcade that advertised cheap beer and jumbo slices for just $2. Leilani wondered why Sally would want to be brought to a place like this at her age. This was the type of establishment that she should really be bringing her kids.

Leilani decided not to judge. She had her own problems to deal with. She didn't need that Karma.

Leilani entered and was met by rock music playing subtly in the background. It was a fun looking place. There was a small arcade in on one side and a Dino g area on the other.

The floors were checkerboard with relatively high tables and diner styled black pleather cushioned stools. They had cuts and duck tape over them. It gave the place character, she guessed.

"Now this, this is cute." The voice that approached belonged to the world renowned Noelle.

The girls began screeching, holding onto each others arms as they jumped up and down overflowing with excitement.

"Girl!" Leilani exclaimed, pulling Noelle into a tight hug. "You have no idea how happy I am to see you. I really have missed you" Leilani could have cried.

"I missed you more, girl!" Noelle hollered.

The catching up commenced. Fifteen minutes had gone by Leilani hadn't even noticed Sally's arrival. Sally had texted Leilani in the passing minutes but received no reply.

"Hey, I've been texting you." Sally appeared irritated. She hadn't even greeted the girls with a smile.

Leilani and Noelle shared a look before erupting into giggles. The girls had also managed to bribe the bartender into giving them a pitcher of beer. The bartender was a girl that they had went to middle school with. They tipped her a twenty.

They were already halfway through the pitcher and were filling silly.

Leilani pulled out her phone. Unknowingly, she had placed it on Do Not Disturb. Her screen lit up with messages from Sally and even Carter, which brought butterflies to her stomach.

Sally: Outside.

Sally: Are you here yet?

Sally: Flaking again? Not surprised.

Sally: I don't want to leave yet so I'll just wait for you to get here.

Sally: You have got to be kidding me.

Carter: I miss you dear. I'll call you later on tonight. Have fun with your friend. Sending my love.

Leilani could care less about Sally being upset with her. And those texts were kind of inappropriate. Leilani slid her phone to Noelle so she could see Carter's message.

"Oh, shit!" Noelle cheered. "You go, girl."

She poured another glass for Leilani and herself, toasting to her besties newfound love interest.

"Can I talk to you outside?" Sally rolled her eyes.

Noelle had analyzed Sally's demeanor and how she interacted with her best friend. Noelle did not like this woman.

This woman just sashays inside, bringing attitude. She hadn't even bothered to introduce herself. She didn't even allow Leilani the chance to introduce them to each other. And Noelle knew that was something Leilani would have made her mission. She never left Noelle out.

Ignoring Sally's initial request, Leilani decided to speak up.

"Sally! This is Noelle. My bestest friend and forever sister." Leilani gleamed. She took pride in having such a strong bond with Noelle. They really were a forever pair.

Sally gave a pageant wave and went back to Leilani.

"I asked if we could talk outside." Sally requested, standing stiffly.

"Why?"

"I want you to meet someone."

"They can't just come inside?" Leilani was having a really good time. She'd really only been around Carter. She missed Noelle. She wanted to stay around her friend.

"No! Now, come." Sally demanded.

Noelle watched it all. Sally had no idea had Noelle could really get. Especially, when it came to Leilani.

Noelle had learned very early on the type of person Leilani was. She was vulnerable and sweet. Leilani was also a people-pleaser and had a hard time setting boundaries with others.

But everything Leilani lacked, any skill or any sense of self, Noelle backed her up.

Noelle slid off of the bar stool and fixed her attire. Leilani looked over at Noelle and watched Noelle's laugh turn into the worst mug. Her best friend had now entered defense mode.

Leilani knew how Noelle could get and chose to do some early damage control.

"Okay, that's fine." Leilani stated. She turned to Noelle, placing her hand on Noelle's shoulder in effort to comfort but also provide a calm. "I'm just going to talk to Sally outside. Refill the pitcher, I'll be back by the time you're finished." Leilani placed money in Noelle's hand, squeezing it before heading out with Sally.

Noelle kept her eyes on the Leilani. She watched Sally bring her to an unknown contender.

"Zach?!"

What on earth was he doing here?

"You're dating Zach?"

"No, I brought him here..." Sally trailed off.

"Okay, why?"

"For you."

"For me?! Are you crazy!" Leilani yelled.

This was completely out of line.