Chapter 31

Okay, Leilani had been given the opportunity to get herself together. She'd been granted time to regroup, recoup, and relax.

With this time she planned to tell Carter absolutely everything that had transpired between Zach and Sally. The two villains who she couldn't quite understand their purpose of bringing Leilani down.

Situations like this just didn't happen to her. It was a dramatic scenario that she had no intentions of acting her way out of.

Leilani just needed to gather the right words. That was it. She needed to get her story straight. Carter deserved to know everything.

The first thing she intended on releasing was her disdain for Zach and the beginning of his nonsense. The unwarranted flirting, the ambush, and the flowers.

The second thing, Leilani was going to inform Carter of what Sally had conspired and her snaking. Had it not been for Sally and her gossip, none of this would even be hurdling throughout their relationship. Sally was, if not is, the biggest issue between them, the office, and any other worldly issues.

Well, just at this moment...

Once she entered back into her home, mother-free, Sally-free, Zach-free... this was inconclusively all she needed.

Leilani ran herself a warm bubble bath and fixed herself a cup of tea.

What was she to relay to Carter?

Nothing happened between Zach and I.

Sally started this entire thing. You have to believe me.

Baby, I'm sorry I've got you caught up in this?

It started with Sally.

Zach flirted with me first.

The two of them set me up.

Or perhaps Leilani could deflect this entire situation. She can insinuate that Sally and Zach have been plotting to get Leilani's position at work.

There's no doubt that her title holds a very noble role at the company. Leilani was working directly under Carter, whether for business or pleasure, everyone wanted her role.

She needed to pick a better script...

Leilani couldn't believe he'd gently dismissed her for the day. Carter had sent her home empty handed, no manuscripts to revise and edit. Leilani hoped he would have at least sent a text.

Leilani however was surprised that this was the first time she had a day to herself during what was normally a full work week.

She took the time to fold and put away her laundry. Leilani played around with a few stretches followed by a beginners level yoga video on YouTube.

While in her downward-facing-dog pose, Leilani's cellphone chimed twice.

*DING*

*DING*

Leilani immediately fell to the floor, rushing to grab her tv remote to pause the video. With her fingers crossed, she let out a small, silent prayer as she wanted whatever notification this was, to be from Carter.

Of course, it was Noelle.

Noelle: girl!! How's everything?