💥Flash Fiction Friday Winning Entry (9)💥

Writer- UnkulturedTitle- GodslayerPrompt- Fantasy [Artist: lyart_jo/Instagram]

Writer- Unkultured
Title- Godslayer
Prompt- Fantasy [Artist: lyart_jo/Instagram]

Writer- UnkulturedTitle- GodslayerPrompt- Fantasy [Artist: lyart_jo/Instagram]

"God is dead. We have taken his place."

Wekasa heard baba's words and half expected lightning to smote the man as divine retribution for his arrogance, but none came. How could it? God was indeed dead, he had been slain. By man, by all men.

Not years ago but yesternight. His corpse lay rotting in the river mud of their pineals. Many had tried afore to kill God, they used their metal spears and charged as a hunter onto an elephant. They bore clubs and pummeled him into the red clay from whence he had made man. They all failed.

So how had baba prevailed where others travailed. A fish hook had sufficed, and a jar of bait. Enough bait to draw man away from God. Lack of belief stuffed in a jar.

He wondered what baba would think, even as he read the eulogy of his vanquished foe, his son bore a sliver of belief that kept God alive, just barely. Surely, the man would fill him with death and let the villagers burn him at the stake.

So he hid himself and his faith. Face brought low to the ground for the terror of his eyes speaking the truth. God would have to stay dead."

________________________________________________________________________________

Want your flash fiction piece to stand a chance to be featured here? Look out for our Flash Fiction Friday chapter published in Naija House once every month.

Have a fun Naija-loaded weekend!