⭐Interview With Christine Gold⭐

•What made you want to be a writer?

The idea first hit me when I was in SS2. Our English teacher, who liked to bring spontaneous activities to our class, told us to write stories. I wrote a story titled "Jingle". Wasn't exactly what I'd call the best story, but it put the thought of being a writer on my head. Even though the thought didn't come to reality until years later.

•How did you get started?

My friend/brother, @FikkieAdeniyi, started his debut novel - Once upon a Midnight - and I decided to follow him on the train. I haven't exactly published a novel on Wattpad. Just short stories. The first book I published was a humour book where I documented the life of an alternate version of myself.

But I am in the process of writing my first book, "Wildest Dreams." It's a story about a boy and a girl finding friendship at the oddest of times. XD

•Do you try to be more original or to deliver to readers what they want?

I write first for myself, then, for my readers. The stories I bring into the world are to pass a message. Some of the stories I write are based on real-life events that I want to pass across to people.

•How has Wattpad helped your story writing skills?

Wattpad has helped greatly. Sincerely, I adore Wattpad. I've met a lot of excellent writers whom I've been able to learn a thing or two from. Then I also have a network of writer friends, like @KweenKlara, through Wattpad who put me through some things I didn't know of.

•What does literary success look like to you?

Writing what you love. That alone is a success. The reads and votes don't matter - okay, maybe they do :-D, but they shouldn't be the basis of literary success. So, I believe writing what we love, and in the best way possible, is literary success.

•What is the most difficult part of your artistic process?

That's probably be getting reads and votes. But my laziness is also bad XD.

•What do you really like about Wattpad?

Wattpaders has created a platform for readers and writers to mingle easily. What's there not to like about it! ;-)

•Who is your favorite author right now?

This is a tough question. But my favourite Wattpad writer atm is @KweenKlara. God! That lady can write. Between me and you, I idolise her. Her books; Blood Moon and The Orion Project (which she just recently completed) have done a lot to change my writing career. Then, of course, there's also her anthology - 1001 Sins. I can't stress how much I love her and her books.

But off Wattpad, my favourite writer is Leigh Badugo. Check out her books and thank me later XD

•If you are to describe yourself with not more than two emojis, what would they/it be?

💅🏽💛

•Do you have anyone you would love to give a shout out to? Go ahead and mention their Wattpad username.

@KweenKlara, obviously😂. And @FikkieAdeniyi😍

My two watt-buddies. PS They really know their stuff.

Thanks for having me.💅🏽💛

Do checkout ChristineGold here on Wattpad.

________________________________________________________________________________

Our Naija people, participate in our upcoming contests. You just might be one of our next winners and get interviewed.

All the love.