😍My First Crush😍

Oh, Chidera, written by Nmeso_K

***

Emmanuel Joseph Chidera. 

Junior Secondary School 2 A. 

It was what filled the information section on the cover of the forty-leaved textbook. 

I smiled to myself. This was Chidera's book. 

Chidera, the only name that was always mentioned in my diary, was my crush. He played football, was very active in the science club, and very very smart. 

And, of course, very handsome. 

My little infatuation for him had blossomed into something deeper when he had stood up for me when some of our classmates were body-shaming me. 

Since that day, I never had the courage to properly talk to him. 

But, this was a golden opportunity for me to talk to him. I was happy. I cleaned the dust that was on the book with the edge of my sweater. 

It was his science note. I recalled that he had once announced to the entire class that his science note was missing. Now, I had found it. 

I flipped through the pages of the book, wondering what it was doing on the floor as Joseph was the most organized person in the class after me. 

His notes were up to date and his diagram of the solar system was down to earth accurate that I felt mine was nothing compared to it. 

My kids would be so lucky. 

I noticed that a part of the note was torn. Quickly, I went to my bag, took out the glue my mum had bought for me yesterday. I was instructed to use the glue selfishly, but, I was going against that order because it was Chidera. 

I glued the torn part neatly into place. Satisfied with my work, I set out to look for Chidera forgetting the glue opened on the desk. 

I found him in a class with a group of boys talking loudly. He looked so charming in his blue blazer. I sighed. I scanned the class and figured out that no female gender was present. 

I was nervous. I could not go into a class full of boys. So, I remained outside, silently praying that he'd make eye contact with me but, unfortunately, he didn't. 

And my legs were hurting. 

I went back into the class to find my glue missing. I sighed. My mum was going to beat the living daylights out of me if she found out. I dropped the book on a desk and went to zip my bag close to avoid any other missing stuff. 

As if on cue, Chidera walked into the class heading towards his locker when he sighted his note. 

'Oh, my God. I've found my science note.', he flipped through the pages. 'This page is still even here. God, thank you. Miss Udo won't flog me tomorrow.' He put it into the locker, took out his Chelsea bandana, and walked out. 

I slumped into my seat, crossing my arms in disappointment. 

I had lost my glue for nothing. 

But on the bright side, Miss Udo won't flog him tomorrow. 

I smiled at the thought. 

Oh, Chidera.

My Playlist 

1. Rema: Ginger me. 

2. Ariana Grande: Positions 

3. Shawn Mendes: Wonder. 

4. Justin Beiber ft. Chance the rapper: Holy. 

5. Justin Beiber ft. Bunny Blanc: Lonely 

6. Jack Harlow ft. Dababy, Tory Lanez, and Lil Wayne: What's Poppin'(remix) 

7. Camila Cabello: Shameless.    

_________________________________________________________________

What was your first crush like? 😊

Shine your eyes 👀 for the next call for article submission. We would love to publish your stuff.

All the love,

AmbassadorsNG Team💚🤍💚