Chapter 1

The night was flooded with stars along with the moon sharing its brightness towards the people who were minding their own business as they walk with the crowd on the streets.

Along with those people stood a man wearing a plain t-shirt paired with baggy pants and a shoulder bag that hung on his right shoulder. It was Wang Yibo who came from his dance practice and is currently on his way to meet up with some friends that he saw months before.

While Yibo is minding his own business, his phone suddenly rang from his bag and so he immediately took it and read the Caller's I.D. only to read Xichen's name on it.

Xichen, Lan Xichen is Yibo's best friend. Even though they have a three-year gap Xichen and Yibo regard each other as best friends. Xichen did not find this hard since Yibo's way of thinking is quite mature for his age, sometimes even more mature than him. It reached the point where Xichen questioned himself on who's the older one.

"Yes, ge?" Yibo picked up the call.

"Yibo, where are you right now?" Xichen asked in a whiny tone that made Yibo shake his head, feeling embarrassed because of the older's behaviour.

"I'm on my way, ge...you start eating if you're hungry," said Yibo as he fastened his pace since he doesn't Xichen to eat all the food. Though Yibo told Xichen to start eating, he's just threatening Xichen to not eat anything unless he's already there.

"Aiya, your words meant the complete opposite!" exclaimed the older and made whiny voice on the other line.

I swear I'm gonna smack this man when I see him

The younger quoted as he got tired hearing the older's complaints. "Just wait for me," he said and then ended the call. Though for others it seemed inappropriate, however to Xichen, this is completely normal. It's even a miracle that Yibo picked up his calls since he usually doesn't and the reason is that he found it annoying or tiresome.

---

When Yibo arrived at the restaurant where he agreed to meet Xichen. He scanned the whole room first and when his eyes spotted a familiar person, he immediately made his way and smacked its head.

"Ah!" the figure whom Yibo smacked winced in pain. Yibo was surprised when the figure had a different tone and a completely different voice. Because of this, Yibo was certain that this person he had smacked is not Xichen.

I'm doomed...

The figure slowly turned around to face Yibo and when then stood up. Yibo was frightened when he saw that the man's figure was so different from his. He has the normal guy body type while the man whom he had smacked has the body type of a bodybuilder!

But even though Yibo was afraid that the man would beat him into a pulp, he never showed it since the other party would get the idea of him being a coward. This is not something that Yibo wanted the others to call him and being a coward is not him. Others saw him as the strong, cold, and fearless Yibo but if you truly know him, then you would say that he's the cute and fragile Yibo that if you could mishandle him then you would break him completely.

"I-I'm really sorry," he stuttered but hid it well to jot let the big guy notice him stuttering. "I thought that you were my friend..." he continued when he noticed the big guy's eyebrows rise together.

The big guy, who seemed to be captivated by Yibo's looks decided to slide it off, "don't worry, it wasn't that hard," the guy smiled though what he felt was the complete opposite of what he said. Yibo smacked his head so strong that it might show a bump tomorrow.

If it would have been a normal guy who was drunk and didn't have the look like Yibo's then he would've beaten that man in a pulp.

Yibo who was surprised by the big guy's answer, thanked him while his mind was still processing what had happened. "Thank you," he said and bowed a 90-degree bow before leaving the big guy's table.

Just after he got away from trouble, an arm swung its place above Yibo's shoulder, startling him. "Ah," he flinched and then heard a familiar chuckle.

"Xichen-ge," he called out and the older just smiled.

Xichen was wearing a white plain long-sleeve paired with slacks and black shoes with his hair tied into a ponytail.

"Yibo, how are you?" the older asked in a teasing tone making the younger glare at him. When he saw Yibo glaring at him, he immediately expressed an innocent expression, "what did I do?"

Yibo kept glaring at him and spoke as they made their way into their table, "you saw me almost getting into trouble earlier and you did nothing," he complained and the older just wickedly smile at him and replied, "that's your karma for threatening me earlier," he said in a sing-song tone before started eating their food that was now cold after minutes of exposure.

---

"That was satisfying," Xichen said as he rubbed his now full stomach and then smiled while looking at Yibo who was slumping himself onto the chair, "since we're done with the main course...why not drink?"

Xichen said as he raised his hand and the waiter came into them and immediately took Xichen's orders. Xichen was happily waiting while Yibo is contemplating whether he should drink or not, after all, he's a dancer, a dance choreographer at that. Therefore, he cannot afford to have a headache tomorrow.

"Ge, I have to skip for now since—" Yibo was unable to finish when Xichen's point finger made its way to shush Yibo's mouth. "How long are you going to keep making these excuses...it's been months since we last saw each other and now you're here to spoil the mood...good job Wang Yibo," Xichen's mood completely dropped after hearing Yibo declining to drink.

Yibo thought about it carefully and felt guilty for taking the fun that Xichen was enjoying. Because of their schedules, they were not able to see each other often but they would still contact each other but that wasn't enough.

Yibo looked at Xichen who was lowering his head, probably because of the disappointment that Yibo gave him. After carefully thinking about everything, Yibo decided to jot spoil Lan Xichen's fun anymore and just let him be...after all, what's the harm of drinking with his best friend for one night, right?

***
Edited
01/23/22

This is going to be a short story, hope you all enjoy it!